★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Introducing Connected (Puzzle Game)

06-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Introducing Connected (Puzzle Game)

We are pleased to announce the release of Connected, an original puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

iTunes: Connected on the App Store

Price: $0.99, 0.59, €0,79

Description:

Connected is a sliding puzzle game where you have to connect the pipes to solve the puzzle.

You'll need all the pieces to solve each puzzle, and you can't leave any open ends.

Connected has 40 puzzles and we're pretty sure that most of you will be able to solve 39 of them, but we couldn't resist dropping in a frustratingly difficult final puzzle. If you can complete puzzle 40 please let us know, you'll need to send us a screenshot though just to prove it!! Email connectedapp at me.com.

Good luck!

Last edited by made-up software; 06-10-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: promo codes gone
06-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Oooooooooooh, this DOES look good!

06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Promo Codes: If you are a fan of puzzle games and have a US iTunes account pm me for a promo code (7 available).

Promo Codes are now gone...

Last edited by made-up software; 06-10-2009 at 06:58 PM.
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks.

I'm working my way up the levels. I like the concept of this puzzle. At first I wondered why I couldn't move the pipes, then I realized each pipe blocks movement of another, which made the difficulty level jump a lot. Very well made.

Games, games, games..
GameCenter ID: GkCHN
Add me! :]
06-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Sent a PM. I'm up for the challenge.
06-10-2009, 06:52 PM
One promo code left... Any puzzle fans up for a challenge..?
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Promo codes gone... good luck everyone, hope you enjoy the game.
06-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Just went through the first 20 levels (of 40). I'm really enjoying this. It's a brain teaser, and really just about right in terms of difficulty.

The premise is simply to connect the pieces so that there is a continuous pipe linking the 2 ends that are on the top, bottom or sides with no 'extra' pipe pieces.

The starting layout for each level is arranged in such a way that virtually every piece needs to be moved, and more than that, they pieces need to be moved around each other. So if you have piece 4 blocks long that is in the upper right and needs to get to the lower left, there is another puzzle element in figuring out how to manipulate the pieces already on the board to allow that to happen (and at the same time remembering how the pipes looked before you made those moves).

Some of the levels are really tricky with multiple pipe loops on screen, but once you start experimenting with placing a couple of pieces in various places, it seems to get easier. My approach to this game is to 'get what you can'..pieces that can only fit in 1 place or maybe 2, and then see what you have and go from there. So far, it's been working out well and I'm finding it very satisfying completing each level.

Kudos on a really well done app. I'm looking forward to the next 20 and whatever else you have in store after that.
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm up for this challenge

Downloading...

ETA:
Ugh, no sound effects???

Last edited by HJJ; 06-10-2009 at 07:40 PM.
06-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaIllusion View Post
Thanks.

I'm working my way up the levels. I like the concept of this puzzle. At first I wondered why I couldn't move the pipes, then I realized each pipe blocks movement of another, which made the difficulty level jump a lot. Very well made.
OK, I'm playing now. Do you think it's really necessary to have the pipes block one another? For me, it seems like it just hinders gameplay because you have to constantly be rearranging the pieces that are not in use. I'm not sure how this really affects the "difficulty" level. It seems like the puzzles would be the same if the piece you're dragging is "always on top".

Can you explain how you think this makes it more "difficult" as opposed to just more cumbersome? (thanks)