App description: "Eyelord is simply the best marble shooter you can get on iOS right now" - AppAdvice.com

"delight and disgust in equal measure" - Pocket Gamer, Silver Award

"triple-A quality production" - TUAW.com

The overloading, eye-popping, heavy rocking pop 'em up!

It's ear-splitting loud, retina-burning bright, and finger-breaking frantic.

The soundtrack is outrageous heavy rock opera recorded just for this game, and the power-ups are some of the most megalithic ever! Our lightning strikes THREE TIMES! (Take that, you wimpy, wussy, regular lightning bolts!)

There are also leaderboards so you can show others how well you wield ultimate power, boost gear that makes you rock even harder, and power-up upgrades to take destruction up to eleven.

Finally, there are no spitting frogs in this game. None.

Eyelord is a universal app that supports all iOS devices from iPhone 3GS and up, running iOS 5 or newer.

Frand's comments:

Game website

And the soundtrack for your pleasure:
"A Waiting Chamber"
"The Lost Guide"

Eyelord is a combination of pop 'em up and heavy rock opera. The gameplay is remotely similar to the game with rolling marbles and a spitting frog, but absolutely without the frog, and with added over-the-top polish and audiovisual awesomeness.

As said before, the game is universal, with support for all devices from 3GS up, including retina iPads and iPhone5 screens. (And it rocks.)

And some screenshots:

The new powerup "Red Reign" in action.

Note my current nemesis in the bottom right corner. The Game Center mugshot will be used if the user has uploaded one. If not, then a skull is used.

He's not my nemesis any longer!
Also it's alright to go 'ooh' at the new pyro effects!
10-12-2012, 04:13 AM
I'll keep an eye out for it

============================
Rotapix - Photo Rotation Puzzle | Causality | 7 Pips (NEW)
10-12-2012, 04:27 AM
hmm... not my cup of tea but good luck with it.
10-19-2012, 09:17 AM
OP now updated with trailer and soundtrack, we're getting closer to release!
10-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow! This actually looks good enough to make me want to try another marble popper game and that is saying something!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Wow! This actually looks good enough to make me want to try another marble popper game and that is saying something!
Much appreciated!

We played a bunch of marble poppers on touch devices, and frankly they all seemed to try to adapt the mouse-originated gameplay of the original into touch form. It seemed like the wrong approach, and so the biggest difference in Eyelord (aside from the presentation) is the core control mechanic. The one we implemented just seems to make much more sense.

The controls also lead to a rather different balance in gameplay, you'll find Eyelord a more fast-paced and elastic experience than what's usually common in the genre. There's a reason why we prefer to call this game a "pop 'em up" instead of a marble popper
10-20-2012, 04:41 AM
And we're live! Appinfo processing in OP - here's the direct download link:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/eyelord/id549107301
10-20-2012, 04:53 AM
Hmm, it's free?!

What's the catch? IAPs for more levels I guess?
10-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
Hmm, it's free?!

What's the catch? IAPs for more levels I guess?
Boosts, upgrades and other items via in-game currency that can also be acquired by playing. No paywalls of any kind.