★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Prince of Persia Classic HD and SD now 99 cents!

09-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Prince of Persia Classic HD and SD now 99 cents!

Anybody with an ipad recommend the hd version? Should I buy it? I'll probably get it, but thought I would ask.

SD Link

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/prince-of-persia-classic/id464308703?mt=8&ls=1
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I'd love to get feedback on which Prince of Persia is most liked from folks here, too. I've nearly bought one a few times now.

09-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I'd love to get feedback on which Prince of Persia is most liked from folks here, too. I've nearly bought one a few times now.
Think of the veeeeeery first prince of persia game. Now reskin that with these new assets. VOILA!

I love PoP games, but personally i think this one falls a little short. If i remember correctly (it was long deleted and i have no intentions of redownloading) one of the things i didnt like were the controls, but i cant remember how exactly.

I got spoiled by the last PoP game that came out for the PSP and I thought that one was superb, despite some negative reviews. Most of the negative reviews came from those expecting another 3d adventure similar to the Sands of Time Trilogy. So yeah... again the wrong impressions killed the scores.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Think of the veeeeeery first prince of persia game. Now reskin that with these new assets. VOILA!

I love PoP games, but personally i think this one falls a little short. If i remember correctly (it was long deleted and i have no intentions of redownloading) one of the things i didnt like were the controls, but i cant remember how exactly.

I got spoiled by the last PoP game that came out for the PSP and I thought that one was superb, despite some negative reviews. Most of the negative reviews came from those expecting another 3d adventure similar to the Sands of Time Trilogy. So yeah... again the wrong impressions killed the scores.
Reskinned, huh? Do you know if it has a high res classic mode, with the old graphics still intact? I remember when it came out...everyone raved about the graphics (specifically, the fluidity of the animation). Was it the first game to use motion-captured animation? Someone here probably knows.
09-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Well it's not really re-skinned, but it has a very similar gameplay. High School was when i played the first PoP and i finished it, but i cant remember much of it now.

Also, i dunno if the old pixelly glory is stored somewhere in the game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Not getting too much feedback here about the game, so I'll bite the bullet for everyone and go buy it now. I guess I won't be able to afford to drink a pepsi with my lunch tomorrow, but that's how life goes!
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
is this the same one on the nes/snes just re-skinned? i remember playing my first PoP in those console (i forgot which one nes or snes)..hmm..any feedback?
09-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Interesting but yea, has anyone played it recently?
09-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Hd version is 215 mb.

Well, have some mixed opinions about this game. First of all, it's ok, but not really a must-buy or anything. It doesn't look like a retro reskinned game, the graphics are ok, but they are not ipad retina.

The controls are a little clunky. I was expecting a slider control like I saw in youtube videos, but there is a joypad control, so that was a little unexpected. But it is still a little clunky, and you have to hit the buttons too much for movement, which takes away from the game.

The game is a little slower paced, exploration game, and doesn't quite feel like an arcade game. The gameplay is ok, in fact, the best I can do to describe this game, is say ok.

So, for a buck it is fine, and for fans of the old Prince of Persia, it will bring back some old memories. The only thing I wish was for the controls to be a little better and to be moveable, because for me, I find it hard to play any platform game without having the ability to move the buttons.

Overall, ok, recommended for a buck.
09-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Interesting but yea, has anyone played it recently?
I'll get it Coldie if you will. We can suffer together. =)