★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Upcoming Freeverse Titles

06-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Upcoming Freeverse Titles

I thought I'd start a thread about the numerous Freeverse titles that were just announced at the iPhone Launch Party. I'm gonna need help remembering all the names...A lot of these looked really good though

Warpack Grunts - Top down "Diablo style" army shooter

Thor - 2D platformer

Trackz - realistic train simulator?

Warp ____ - "space trading and controlling the universe game...on a scale that you've never seen before" (rough quote)

Flick Baseball - full fledged baseball sim

I am personally pretty pumped for that space one...it sounded epic

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

Last edited by salsamd; 06-11-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: links to other threads
06-11-2009, 12:16 AM
And yet another thread with Warpack Grunts. This one's acceptable though since it's all of Freeverse's titles.

Out of all of them, I'd say I'm most excited about Warpack Grunts. The others don't appeal to me much besides possible Thor. It seems interesting but I'd have to wait until it's released to be sure.

GameCenter: xVietx - Add me
Sorry, I'm dead.

06-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Based on Twitter updates Warp is sounding very cool. Very Escape Velocity-ish with pirates and space patrol and what not.

Head dude at Killer Robots
06-11-2009, 08:48 AM
All of them sound pretty fun but Warpack Grunts is the one that seems to be strongest on my radar.

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Warpack Grunts - Top down "Diablo style" army shooter
Wha? Randomized loot and enemy placement? What makes it Diablo like?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-11-2009, 05:46 PM
TrackZ, from SlideToPlay

Quote:
Trackz is a little bit like Slotz Racer, only aimed at those who like to play with model trains. The train throttle is on the right-hand side of the screen, and a camera button allows free rotation around the 3D trains and landscapes.

Freeverse consulted with experts to insure that the engines and cars are all authentic models. After iPhone OS 3.0 comes out, players will get access to a "Railway Shop" for purchasing new train components.
And, of course, you will have the opportunity to arrange your own tracks--just like in Slotz. If building little worlds criss-crossed with tracks in your basement is your thing, you may like Trackz when it comes out later this month around 99 cents.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
06-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Im personally waiting for warpack grunts and flick baseball. I cant believe its finally coming out.....it took like 10 years.
06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
We call Grunts "Diablo Style" in regard to how you control it. Anyone who was a Diablo player will be right at home in controlling and moving the Grunts/Tanks/Attack Chopters.

So when thinking Diablo, only think control style (not spells and loot).

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.
06-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
We call Grunts "Diablo Style" in regard to how you control it. Anyone who was a Diablo player will be right at home in controlling and moving the Grunts/Tanks/Attack Chopters.

So when thinking Diablo, only think control style (not spells and loot).
Click to move and attack, okay.

So, as one who OBSESSES with randomization, can you say anything about the missions will work? I understand the maps will probably be pre-scripted, but what about enemies and weapon powerups?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-08-2009, 06:48 PM
After being a huge fan of Slotz I'm really looking forward to Trackz coming out. Playing model railways on my iPod sounds like fun I don't have an attic where I can lay out a slot car racing circuit or a huge railway network so my iPod is the next best thing! Does anyone know more about when one is likely to appear?

Also, going by the article on TA's homepage, Warp Gate looks like it might be fantastic!

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)