★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Price Drop: Anytime Golf now $0.99

06-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Price Drop: Anytime Golf now $0.99

From the description:

Quote:
"A quality game of golf... cracking 3D graphics and realistic physics... hard not to recommend." AppGamer.net

"I am struck by the amazing 3D graphics that you see in this app, but this is more than just a beautiful game... The interface is easy to navigate and the game play is a load of fun... If you love golf you would be missing out big-time if you didn't give Anytime Golf a try." iPhoneAppsFinder.com

"Great 3D graphics and excellent game play make this a very addictive app." iPhoneNess.com

"The holes are really well designed... The physics are superb... The graphics are among the best on the iPhone. A+" App Store reviewer

Great golf anytime, anywhere!

Stunning graphics: Enjoy highly detailed modeling displayed in smooth interactive 3D. You will agree--this is one of the best looking games on iPhone!

Intuitive interface: Slide your finger down across the touch surface to perform your backswing, then flick up for the downswing. Your skill and grace controls the power and accuracy of your shot!

Tournament mode: Unlock new challenges by competing in 9 and 18 hole competitions. There are 6 challenges total!

Practice mode: Not up for a full 9 or 18? Hit the driving range and hone your game!

Anytime Golf: The most realistic golf experience for iPhone!

App Store link
06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
That is just FANTASTIC.

"Money makes the world go round, so I got to.. buckle down, do anything for the dollar."

06-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Damn it, for some reason i thought that this was that Golf game by Gameloft, almost pulled the trigger.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
06-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Saw a vid on YouTube...sorry didn't save the URL. Looks "okay". I'm a big golf game fan, but I dunno. Looks so-so.

How many courses are there? I mean for a buck it may be worth a try.
06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
How many courses are there?
It's one course, 18 holes, split into your classic "short tee / long tee" configuration. The challenges the game presents you to unlock are basically variations on "front 9 / back 9 / short tee / long tee / low wind / high wind" and the requirements to unlock the next get progressively more difficult. The game randomizes the position of the hole on the green so there's some variation there too.
06-12-2009, 10:52 PM
By the way, the game engine we created for this game is now available for other developers to use. I started a thread on iphonedevsdk about it:

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/ip...f-up-sale.html
06-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Enter to win a free copy of Anytime Golf on AppGiveaway!

http://www.appgiveaway.com/appgiveaw..._giveaway.html