Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-27-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
You can use 4 fingers on each of your hands and 2 more fingers from your little brother.
It's nice your little brother helps you!!!
I'm the youngest of five brothers in total and none of them play IOS games so no help there for me!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

So Exact (and everyone else), whats your highest score on any stage (track 1 or 2)? I just got a 132k round....but I know there's a lot more to come cause I'm missing a lot on Hard. Also, whats your highest combo? I reached 237 earlier. I presume if you're really good and don't miss anything, getting combos into the 1000+ region is not all that far fetched.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:29 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Ok so today I went back to the game and I got through on Hard with Astaroth first time round....finally! Played the first 2 demons with her. Then went to Asmodeous but still felt difficult. Then went with the Italian dude for the 3rd boss (which is the italian himselfs) and managed to get through first time round. It is hard to understand how I got through the Italian first time round on hard when I actually only used him once previously in easy mode. Been using Asmodeous a lot through Easy and Medium yet cannot go through after a few tries (2 yesterday and one today). I think this is because of the higher DEF rating of Astaroth and the Italianos.

In any case, I came here to vent out my anger on one thing - the friggin boss battle are SO EASY!! I mean, it took me a while to get up and running with Astaroths beat on Hard, but I beat the first 2 bosses both on my first try. And with too much of health to spare. It was slower action too. God, I was expecting hell-like difficulty on the hardest mode. Even the 3rd boss was pretty easy. Does it get harder by the time you meet Astaroth?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^That's what i thought about hard mode bosses until i realized... It's because we are already a bit familiar with the music through easy and normal playthroughs.

This is similar to my Guitar Hero 3 experience where the first time I played Slipknot's Before I Forget on Expert mode i got 5 stars... All because i am too familiar with the song.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
^That's what i thought about hard mode bosses until i realized... It's because we are already a bit familiar with the music through easy and normal playthroughs.

This is similar to my Guitar Hero 3 experience where the first time I played Slipknot's Before I Forget on Expert mode i got 5 stars... All because i am too familiar with the song.
Come on, not true. I have NEVER used the character of the second demon (the one in the golden outfit with afro hair). And I only ever played the second demon twice - on Easy and Medium. I doubt I know the tune of the demon well.

Like I said, I am more accustomed to the beats of Serenity and Asmodous yet cannot use them on Hard just yet. I am comfortable with Astoroth on Hard and have used her often in this mode - but still playing Astoroths Track 1 is considerably harder than the Track 2 bosses.

I really think this is the game's undoing ultimately. Sad. Now I wish there was the Hell mode some guys were talking about earlier.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I guess you're being too hardcore. Not a bad thing, but it could make the game drag for you.

I think the game's hard mode is a good balance in difficulty without being frustratingly hard. In Guitar Hero and Rockband games, I fail a lot and the songs end in the middle. Here, you still have a good chance of completing the song, but you get lower scores unless you try to work it.

That's why the other music games have practice mode, and this one doesnt, as the others require memorization more than Demon's Score.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
I really think this is the game's undoing ultimately. Sad. Now I wish there was the Hell mode some guys were talking about earlier.
Yep. Even the end boss would be like a "6" in Jukebeat.

Inis's earlier games Ouendan 2 and Elite Beat Agents have a fourth difficulty it's really a shame that there doesn't seem to be one here.

SerenitySatan is hot btw I recommend forking out to unlock her.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I guess you're being too hardcore. Not a bad thing, but it could make the game drag for you.
Trust me dude, I am not! Just playing a little here and there. I basically played once through Easy and Medium, then practiced a couple of times on the free mode with Astaroth in medium, played the first demon round a couple of times on Hard and here I am waiting to fight the 4th demon. In total 3 hours spent on the game (maybe less). Hardly hardcore I'd say, no?

It is just that I am new (totally NEW!) to beat games so that's why I seem to be posting and seeking a lot of advice/opinions on this thread.

I am not again saying the game is way too easy also. No way. I am "missing" a lot of taps and swipes. I can still work A LOT to get higher scores. WHat I was merely stating is that I expected to die when coming up against the bosses for the first time on Hard, and instead I can fight through with a decent amount of HP left.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I guess if you put it that way, it does make the game sound easy. Not too easy, but very forgiving.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:19 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

yea its not bad pretty forgiving