Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2012, 09:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

If they let you unlock characters without paying real money i would buy this game instantly but sadly its not the case
Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default It depends

Iit depends how the model works for you. If you're a casual player then you won't be forking out $43 or whatever in one go. It might take weeks to use up the $2.99 incremental IAP. And stretching it over weeks you wouldn't mind paying $2.99 at a time.

IF its a good enough game, with plenty and plenty of gameplay and has good replayability then go for it. I find most SE games keep me going for ages and I love the quality and quite happily pay premium because little by little. Of course if you're aiming to finish it in one go then OUCH IT HURTS,!

But I would rather spend $3 at a time on a real good quality game from SE than spend the same amount of money buying trash program's.

So it comes down to how much you like the game. Since I got my iPad I've hardly played on my PC which surprisingly has SAVED me heaps of money. So if this is really good then it's far cheaper than a PC game for $70. If I prefer gaming on my iPad then I'm saving heaps of $$ only because I'm getting the same fun factor or more than on my PC but at way lower prices. So if its really good then I would much rather spend $40 on it than some game on steam for $70-90 that turned out to be no good. I've got a very high end GPU but I enjoy my iPad for gaming more than my PC so it's way cheaper.

The only question for me then is is this a really, really good game? I don't have to fork out all the $ at once like on Steam so if its really, really good why not?
[/QUOTE]
Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm confused...do the IAP purchases open new levels or just costumes?
Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

There's an initial short first portion to each level which is unique to the character you pick, with music different from the boss' stage.

IAP is as follows (possibly spoilers?)
•••Spoiler:  
Default (Serenity) - included with game
Asmodeus - included with game
Belial - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Eligos - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Azazel - $4.99, unlocks on Hard
Berith - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Dantalion - $4.99, unlocks on Hard
Beelzebub - $3.99, unlocks on Normal
Lilith - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Astaroth - $3.99, unlocks on Normal
Satan - $9.99, unlocks on Hard, unlocks Hell difficulty?

I played as default Serenity through most of the game, then bought Dantalion because I like ZUNTATA, ...and then my character became pretty much invincible for all of Hard mode, at the expense of my score. But that said, I think I'm stopping there. Not enough of a fan of the music or the game to want to play through Hell difficulty.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I dont mind the current model. I bought the game, but never used any IAP yet. To be honest i dont really find a use for it. Currently on normal difficulty.

It isnt Elite Beat Agents, but for me, it's still one of the better music apps on the iOS.

I just love it despite not being able to use the other personas.

EDIT: And if it's any consolation, i only used Default Serenity because i like her beat better than Asmodeus.
I've been using default Serenity as well. I've been playing for awhile, and beat 4 or 5 bosses, but to me, I must say, this game just isn't really fun! Playing on 'normal' setting, but there's absolutely no spark here to keep me playing on. Probably gonna delete it. Haven't felt the need to buy the IAP myself but repetitive nature in itself here is enough to stop playing it. Can't put my finger on it, just no 'snap'. Kinda boring after a short while, that's all. Bland.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Slidetoplay gave this game a 2/4:

"Only one extra outfit is free, and Square Enix made the greedy choice to require a $3.99 in-app purchase for each of the new outfits you unlock. They call this "signing a demon pact", so you won't even realize you're about to be charged until after you hit the "sign pact" button. At the very least, they should make the purchase price clear inside the game, but really, each of these outfits should be a free bonus for progressing through this $6.99 game.

Unlocking outfits isn't just aesthetic-- they'll also change the background music for the first part of each level, which is essential for keeping the gameplay varied."

http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/demons-score-review
Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentarou View Post
There's an initial short first portion to each level which is unique to the character you pick, with music different from the boss' stage.

IAP is as follows (possibly spoilers?)
•••Spoiler:  
Default (Serenity) - included with game
Asmodeus - included with game
Belial - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Eligos - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Azazel - $4.99, unlocks on Hard
Berith - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Dantalion - $4.99, unlocks on Hard
Beelzebub - $3.99, unlocks on Normal
Lilith - $2.99, unlocks on Easy
Astaroth - $3.99, unlocks on Normal
Satan - $9.99, unlocks on Hard, unlocks Hell difficulty?

I played as default Serenity through most of the game, then bought Dantalion because I like ZUNTATA, ...and then my character became pretty much invincible for all of Hard mode, at the expense of my score. But that said, I think I'm stopping there. Not enough of a fan of the music or the game to want to play through Hell difficulty.
Well if as you say the Normal and Hard costumes are 3.99 and 4.99, you can add 6 bucks to my calculations so instead of 46 USD, the game + Satan + costumes cost 52 USD and change.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

If they add: Buy all IAP (except the consumables) for $20-$25 id buy it.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 AM

Didn't like this game. And of course it costs too much for such quality
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
If they add: Buy all IAP (except the consumables) for $20-$25 id buy it.
Me too. I hope they do this because I really wanna play this game but as of right now I just can't support it at console pricing.