App description: ----------
DEMONS SCORE End of Service

We are sad to announce that all service for DEMONS SCORE will come to an end on September 17, 2014. This also means that in-app purchasing will no longer be available.

Although the game will not function properly on iOS 8, it will remain playable on devices running iOS 7.1.2 or a previous version. Please note that the game will no longer be available for download after September 18. Any players wishing to delete the game from their device are therefore encouraged to backup their data before doing so.

We thank you very much for playing DEMONS SCORE, and hope that you continue to enjoy it.
----------

===
Get ready for off-the-hook break beat action. Surrender to the rhythm and tap like hell. Brave furious battles that combine stunning graphics and amazing background music!

* Purchasing the game allows you to play all stages through to completion.
* The basic game also comes with the powers and costume of the first demon, Asmodeus.

At the start of the game, you fight as Serenity herself, without any possessing demons. You can unlock the first demon, Asmodeus, by defeating him. Once unlocked, Asmodeus is available to possess Serenity. Her looks, personality, parameters, and other abilities will change based on the possessing demon, as will the game's music. After the first demon, you can make a pact with additional demons by defeating them. Once a pact is in place, you have the option of having the demon possess Serenity for a small fee.

Story

Where are you, Dad?

Salem, Massachusetts
Present day
Serenity is just your average college girl, but when she suddenly loses contact with her father Dr. Aleister, she sets out to find him at the Salem State Hospital & Asylum where he works.

Serenity arrives to finds she barely recognizes the hospital anymore. Stepping warily into the shattered ruins, she meets a talking teddy bear.

Introducing himself as David, the talking teddy bear claims to have once been human, but when Serenity asks him about her fathers whereabouts, countless demons suddenly appear.

Just before her father disappeared, he had sent a mysterious app to her smartphone.

Known as the Demons' Score, the app is a powerful program that enables her to take control of demons that possess her body.

Where has her father gone? How will she ever find him? And whats up with that talking teddy bear? Serenitys battle to the tune of Hells minions is about to begin.

Game Features

Stunning graphics driven by the Unreal Engine.
Satan's difficulty level soared up!
With severe survival conditions, you can enjoy the game even more stoically.
Helpful items are also available in case you get stuck.

Enjoy two game modes: Story Mode and Free Mode.
Select the difficulty level you want to play. Easy, Normal, and Hard are available, but to enjoy the entire story, you have to... (You'll just have play to find out!)
Your scores in Free Mode can be sent to the online rankings at the Game Center.
Saved data can be synced with iCloud.
* Your Soul Eaters (a special item) are not stored on iCloud.
* You must be running iOS 5.0 or later to use iCloud.

Try to completely conquer each stage by gaining the powers of Hell!

Compatible Operating Systems and Devices
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPod touch (4th generation or later)
iPad 2
iPad (3rd generation)
*The devices OS version must be 4.3 or later.
*This app is a universal binary.

Supported Languages
Subtitles/Text: English, French, Spanish
Voice: English

Echoseven's comments:

09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpotty View Post
Yeah, but no achievements.

When WILL Apple make them mandatory?
I just came in here to ask if it had achievements and I'm sad to see it doesn't. What BS!

Apple should definitely make it mandatory
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah, it's not a bad game, or broken, or crippled by IAP... but not buying the IAP does leave much of the game pretty boring, and while there's some pretty good art design for most of the costumes the free one is the worst by a long way and the rest of the game simply isn't interesting enough to stand up for long against the competition on iOS, to say nothing of the developers' back catalogue. It's just not a great rhythm action game, and when all the neat rewards are locked behind a very high paywall you start wondering why you shouldn't go play something like ToneSphere or Cytus instead.

The final level of Gitaroo Man is one of my all-time favourite gaming moments - utter balls-out madness and an awesome soundtrack and hilarious and sweetly, wonderfully emotional as well. Loser finally realises he's a pretty awesome guy whilst battling his evil nemesis a mile above the ground, both of them dressed in mech suits and wielding electric guitars that are on fire - what's not to like? There's nothing in Demon's Score as remotely as epic as that, in any sense, and having beaten Easy and Normal other than Berith's battle the whole thing is pretty much a damp squib. Disappointing.

09-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Well I haven't bought any costume (asked for a refund actually) but both slidetoplay and pocketgamer say IAP changes the music variety of the game. From pocketgamer:

Quote:
As a final salute to in-app purchases, Square Enix includes the option to purchase an additional 'Satan' difficulty mode for 6.99/$9.99.

With the purchase price of 4.99/$6.99 for the app itself added in, the total cost to unlock the full game - minus consumable potions - is close to 30/$50.

Demonic contract

Ultimately, the notion of value is different for everybody. While some of you are probably still glancing at the last paragraph to make sure you read it correctly, there are others who won't be able to see what all the fuss is about.

You can play through the game using only the stock Serenity and Asmodeus models, but to truly experience some variety in the levels and background music (which is tied to the character/demon you're using) you'll need to spend a bit on in-app purchases.

GameCenter: *kioshi*
Gameloft: kioshi
09-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
Well I haven't bought any costume (asked for a refund actually) but both slidetoplay and pocketgamer say IAP changes the music variety of the game. From pocketgamer: *snip*
Each "signing a pact" IAP changes the costume Serenity is wearing, her voice and the lines she uses. It also changes the music that plays during the travelling stages between boss fights. I'm not sure if it does anything to the actual boss fights other than change a bit of the dialogue? My problems are that the voices generally sound really silly coming out of Serenity's model - as someone else said in this thread there's no attempt to show it's an extra personality on top of hers, it's just like someone redubbed her part - and that even if you use another tune on the travelling stages, the pattern for each of these tunes is exactly the same for that difficulty level on every single stage you use it on. It just seems like a really stupid way to structure a music game to have you play through what is essentially a three-minute loading screen between boss fights. Even if you bought every single IAP and got all the tunes you'd get to know them quickly enough, and the backgrounds for those levels are so dull - every single one is just a straight corridor! - it's still pretty boring even with the musical variety.

Just feels really poorly thought-out all round. If you'd priced it at 15, Square, all costumes included, every single IAP tune with increasingly complex pattern variations within each difficulty level, set the costumes up as unlocks tied to how well you do on particular stages, charge 3 for the Satan difficulty if you really, really felt you had to... and I'd be praising this a lot more. But the way things are right now I'm pretty sure I'm not spending any more than the basic price - I just don't feel any urge to keep going now I've beaten the first two settings.
09-26-2012, 03:34 AM
Apple gave me my refund.
I never asked for a refund before, shouldn't the game be deleted from my iPad or whatever?
I haven't had access to my Mac the last few days but I have logged in to the iOS app store and updated stuff.
10-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Is there any difference in endings between difficulties (no need spoilers, simple yes or no will suffice )?
10-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
I just came in here to ask if it had achievements and I'm sad to see it doesn't. What BS!

Apple should definitely make it mandatory
Mandatory achievements isn't the answer. Fixing the flawed system is.

Unless there's rules in place that forces all games to have a similar number, value, and "difficulty system" in place for their achievements, there's no point in having an overall score for achievements across all systems. They need to be taken seriously by the creators before they can expect the players to care.

So long as one game is allowed to have "[100] Press Start" while another has "[50] 3-Star Every Level In The Game," the achievements are meaningless.
10-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmads25 View Post
Is there any difference in endings between difficulties (no need spoilers, simple yes or no will suffice )?
Much of the whole game is different because of added areas.
10-03-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
Much of the whole game is different because of added areas.
Thanks for info.
10-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightRooks View Post
Yeah, it's not a bad game, or broken, or crippled by IAP... but not buying the IAP does leave much of the game pretty boring, and while there's some pretty good art design for most of the costumes the free one is the worst by a long way and the rest of the game simply isn't interesting enough to stand up for long against the competition on iOS, to say nothing of the developers' back catalogue. It's just not a great rhythm action game, and when all the neat rewards are locked behind a very high paywall you start wondering why you shouldn't go play something like ToneSphere or Cytus instead.

The final level of Gitaroo Man is one of my all-time favourite gaming moments - utter balls-out madness and an awesome soundtrack and hilarious and sweetly, wonderfully emotional as well. Loser finally realises he's a pretty awesome guy whilst battling his evil nemesis a mile above the ground, both of them dressed in mech suits and wielding electric guitars that are on fire - what's not to like? There's nothing in Demon's Score as remotely as epic as that, in any sense, and having beaten Easy and Normal other than Berith's battle the whole thing is pretty much a damp squib. Disappointing.
After playing the game for three days, I gotta wholeheartedly agree with you on all counts. Spent some on the costumes, but in the end wished I didn't. You hit it on the head there! Deleted it.