★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tangram Puzzle Pro: Holiday Edition Free!

11-26-2008, 08:07 PM
11-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I just downloaded this bad boy. Little Kuriboh errrrr Little White Bear's game looks better though, but at least this one's free...

11-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I got it for the wife she's like a pro at these

Also Tangram Puzzle Pro is Free

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293839292&mt=8
11-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Ha, i was just going to post that. Downloading now...
11-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
oh snap! im more of a tanzen guy though.

hello mr LBWS!
11-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
oh snap! im more of a tanzen guy though.

hello mr LBWS!
Agreed. Tanzen is much better in my opinion. I prefer Tanzen's interface
11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Tanzen is definitely better...

Frighftully good
11-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
i just tried the games out so here it goes... LBWS please dont shoot me

tanzen pretty much nailed down the controls and the tiles laid down in front of you

tangrams pros:
background music
magnetic tile recognition/snap tile to silhouette
effects upon puzzle completion

tangram cons:
the stupid tiles are hidden at the bottom
i have to drag all the tiles out of the bottom screen

if i want flashy ill go with tangram, if i want simplicity and efficiency, definitely tanzen

conclusion: tanzen still has the upperhand because of CONTROLS alone.
11-27-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the praise and support guys! As has been pointed out to me by a few other players when this game came out a month or so ago, it seems to have taken more than a few design cues from TanZen. I suppose that's flattering, in some fashion. However, both games do things differently, and are going to appeal to different sorts of players, just like the other tangram apps do. TanZen was designed to be a very natural, freeform game, and very intentionally veers away from trying to feel like a computer game. If you fell in love with TanZen's gameplay, then I feel like I've accomplished that goal. And I thank you guys for making it such a success!

On a side note, TanZen will not be going the paid to free to paid route, as I consider it cheating other developers' hard work, by using the free download count to raise your paid rank when you switch back. If you haven't tried TanZen yet, I suggest trying the Lite version, which gives you 18 puzzles to play for free. If you like it, the full version has 360 (more soon!) puzzles, for only $0.99.

Again, you guys are great, and thanks for your support! I was working on an update to TanZen for a few hours tonight, which includes more puzzles, and a small feature tweak, so it should be up around Sunday/Monday, given the holiday schedule. Happy puzzle solving!
11-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Little White Bear Studios is a great dev. They made a great game, with good controls. Personally I would've done a rotation with two fingers rather than the circle on the outside, but overall a good game. It is a lot better than tangrams. I await the next LWBS title. If any.