Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 10-01-2012, 12:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Our printKeg.com posters have been proofed and approved. I'll let you all know how our local sales go. We plan on hitting up all the GameStops, Oogie Games (local company) and other game stores and see if they will hang the posters for us.

I'll also be riding the Halloween wave since Deadstorm is all about zombies... Maybe drop some off at these Fright World and Spooky Haunter House places in the area. Maybe Halloween costume stores too...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 PM

We are still trying to determine the best way to market our company and app (coming soon). If you go free too soon, then everyone just waits for it again. We think with the new App Store setup is harder than ever to get noticed as indies. Definitely building a social media base is a key role nowadays to promote apps. Maybe some of you can follow and like us to help us out we will return the favor. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter. Little Rocket Lab
Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Ok so I wouldn't waste your time buying ads. Maybe get one for a month. I did reddit gaming ad for three days ($60) and buysellads.com for three sites ($75)
And have not gotten any ROI to make a profit.

We just took our game and dropped it from 0.99 to free and downloads haveq skyrocketed. 46 the first day and then over 1,200 the next. We are currently working on adding in iAds into our iPhone 5 iOS6 update and will release that to hopefully earn some coin now that we got some decent numbers for our first game.

Posters should be arriving today so ill keep you in the loop about that.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Hard to believe posters would be anything more than a novelty. Also I don't see any reason why anyone would post them? Game stores have their current posters because they sell the game! Wall space must be valuable? I hope it works though as I would love to create some posters, good luck and please let us know what store owners tell you and where you post them.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Well the posters are to build a local following... We will be putting these in coffee shops, local game stores (not national chains unless they let us) and we're riding the Halloween wagon so we will be putting them up at the Horror Stores, Haunted Hayrides/Haunted Houses, Halloween Costume stores, etc... Our game deals with zombies so we're riding on the Halloween coattails this month.

We only made 50 of them so it didn't break the bank (thanks RetailMeNot.com) and we'll see how it goes.

Seriously, though, I cannot get over the traction built from making the game free. Our game is getting pirated like no other so why not just say screw it, offer it for free and just throw in some iAds.

We're making a more robust version 2 of the game using Unity3D so that will have a story mode and be free with in-app purchases.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Yeah it sucks. My game was pirated about 90% rate when new, then went up to over 95% as more groups cracked it, now it's 80-90% due to dropping in popularity. Why would in apps make any difference, can't they still be cracked and pirated just the same?
Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'm unaware if in-app purchases can be hacked. I guess anything can if you really want to do it but I would be hoping that the game is FREE to begin with so why pirate it in the first place... If they dig the game then they may pick up some in app purchases.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

They are more easily hacked than a paid app. And why would someone pirate a paid app but not an inapp? It's sad, people will spend $4 on a coke thats gone in 5 minutes, but then try to legitimize stealing a 99c app or song they will play for months.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Yeah I looked up some hacks and see how easy it is right after I seen your previous post. Stupid hacks.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Developer
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapGenMan View Post
If you are looking for free to enter contests to win gift cards or plain cash (via paypal), they are offered in FreeAppWin

For promotion of apps on the other hand there is a new booking system in FreeAppWin for devs to try that allows you to have your app sponsor a contest here
What kind of downloads on average are you seeing for developers who do the daily, weekly, and facebook weekly contests?

Here are the prices according to your website:

$1,250 cost for $500 facebook weekly prize
$875 for a $500 weekly prize
$250 for a $200 daily prize

I'm curious so I can calculate the return on investment for your product. Also, do you require developers to add some code to their apps?