Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 PM

Saw it in Editors Choice in App Store.
Was on the fence. Did a Google search and watched the demo.

I love games like these.

Next step hit reply and he'd over to App Store.

As always, thank you touch arcade.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9uillaume6onte View Post
How long did it take you to finish the game?
I'm not sure exactly, but not long. I bought it in the morning and finished it in the afternoon, and I was only playing it about 50% of the time as I was busy with other things like looking after the baby. Still I consider it excellent value for money (and I'm one of the people who thinks $8 for Fieldrunners 2 HD is a f-ing joke).
Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'd like to try out this game but what worries me is the difficulty. I'm having trouble playing The Curse, got stuck at the second question!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:17 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

This reminds me of Windosill. While Windosill was more surreal, lighthearted and dealth with 2D puzzles most of the time, The Room is darker (literally) and presents its puzzles in the third dimension. Both are fantastic games that are great ambassadors for touch based immersive puzzlers.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:05 AM

I've finished it. Maybe 2-3 hours I think. Really enjoyed the experience. I found the difficulty level really good. Hard enough in places to make you feel clever, but not so hard (or so many options) that it gets frustrating. Here's also a really well done 3 step hint system that will point you in the right direction if you get stuck.

The control system works flawlessly, the boxes are interesting and detailed, and make sense!!! The whole atmosphere from lighting to soundtrack through to the story elements really add to the experience.

$5 very well spent and I will definately be playing through again, not cause it will be different, just cause the boxes are great fun to play with.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannaffendy View Post
I'd like to try out this game but what worries me is the difficulty. I'm having trouble playing The Curse, got stuck at the second question!
No worries,it's nothing like the curse. It's more a puzzle exploration thing and as long as you inspect every little detail there is to explore you'll be fine. Some patience is required though and the hint system is excellent. The times that i got stuck were in no way frustrating because it was such a joy to try to find what i was missing. This game never makes you feel not smart enough,it just makes you curious.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
No worries,it's nothing like the curse. It's more a puzzle exploration thing and as long as you inspect every little detail there is to explore you'll be fine. Some patience is required though and the hint system is excellent. The times that i got stuck were in no way frustrating because it was such a joy to try to find what i was missing. This game never makes you feel not smart enough,it just makes you curious.
Yeah, well put. What he said.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJ1977 View Post
I'm not sure exactly, but not long. I bought it in the morning and finished it in the afternoon, and I was only playing it about 50% of the time as I was busy with other things like looking after the baby. Still I consider it excellent value for money (and I'm one of the people who thinks $8 for Fieldrunners 2 HD is a f-ing joke).
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmeg View Post
I've finished it. Maybe 2-3 hours I think. Really enjoyed the experience. I found the difficulty level really good. Hard enough in places to make you feel clever, but not so hard (or so many options) that it gets frustrating. Here's also a really well done 3 step hint system that will point you in the right direction if you get stuck.

The control system works flawlessly, the boxes are interesting and detailed, and make sense!!! The whole atmosphere from lighting to soundtrack through to the story elements really add to the experience.

$5 very well spent and I will definately be playing through again, not cause it will be different, just cause the boxes are great fun to play with.
Shorter than I would have expected but if the experience is that good... I'll give it a go!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

What an incredible game! It took me about four hours to complete. The puzzles were not that difficult. It actually felt more like a hidden object game mixed with puzzles and incredible atmosphere. The only puzzles that got me were the ones that used the accelerometer. The hint system is great, and when I did use it it really does a good job of guiding you without giving everything away. Honestly this is one of the best games I have played on the iPad. It was very relaxing, thought provoking, and interesting the whole time. It is well worth the price.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm afraid to ask because I really do not want this incredible experience to end (even if now I am really curious about the story development)...how many chapters?
I just completed chapter 2....and looked at the various box faces on chapter 3 (with a happy grin on my face).

Besides being an incredible game and a superslick experience, I would like to point out that this is probably the game that uses iPad characteristics at its best and in the most flawless manner.
Everything feels natural but if you think about the puzzles...some are possible almost only on iPad (the 'orbs' puzzle cought me really off guard).
Sometime I really feel in front of the box (never I tried, in any other game, multitouch so sure it would have worked as in real life).

Long or short...this is a game that adventure/puzzle/athmosphere lovers cannot miss imho.