Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 AM
iPhone (Original), iOS 3.x

Possibly add a curtain wall also which the cannon can start breaking up for your troops - so - it adds variety of targets and aiming different areas to break-through!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:37 AM

Just updated! Interested to see how the enemies play now.

More content definitely sounds good to me.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:56 AM

@Estupendo1 It will be interesting to hear what you think

Now that the iPhone 5 update is live we are fully focused on updating the game with new content!
Today we posted a small preview of one of the new units, the Orc Barbarian, on our blog! (http://www.arcticmill.com).

I'll post the image and text here aswell so you guys can check it out:

The Orc Barbarian is a strong unit, stronger than a footman. He hits hard, he is tough, and can withstand damage from archers especially well.

Put fear in your enemy with the help of the Orc Barbarian!

We'll keep the updates coming both on our blog and on this forum thread.

As always we'd love to get feedback on the update, on our new content previews and of-course the game!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The Orc Barbarian is a strong unit, stronger than a footman. He hits hard, he is tough, and can withstand damage from archers especially well.
Clever!

I think NEW UNITS is the way to go... mixes it up and looks cool. Thanks Arcticmill.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Default Promo codes giveaway

Friday fun promo codes in the "Promo Codes and Contests" section. Check it out if you haven't tried the game yet. Let us know what you think. Skål!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticmill View Post
Friday fun promo codes in the "Promo Codes and Contests" section. Check it out if you haven't tried the game yet. Let us know what you think. Skål!
All gone.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
All gone.
Sent you a PM Have a nice weekend and let us know what you think.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

The Devs sent me a code and I am very thankful for the opportunity to be part of a wonderful designed strategic game. First off, a great game to pick up and play, I should know played most of it at work, shhh.
Graphics are great and playing on an iPhone 5 is a treat.
Gameplay, solid strategic elements, but not so confusing as to micromanage every little facet.
Sound, not sure, because played at work so no feedback, but based on the game itself, I am sure it's top notch.
I am no expert in game reviews but as a gamer, a wonderful strategic game that works perfectly on a hand held device. Quick to learn hard to master, but not so where you start to pull your hair. It's not easy by any means, but balances the strategic element very well.
Highly recommended and can't wait to try the two person on one device multiplayer. Buy it and, oh yeah buy it, universal support, great strategic elements and wonderful polish. You will not be sorry!

4.5/5
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
The Devs sent me a code and I am very thankful for the opportunity to be part of a wonderful designed strategic game. First off, a great game to pick up and play, I should know played most of it at work, shhh.
Graphics are great and playing on an iPhone 5 is a treat.
Gameplay, solid strategic elements, but not so confusing as to micromanage every little facet.
Sound, not sure, because played at work so no feedback, but based on the game itself, I am sure it's top notch.
I am no expert in game reviews but as a gamer, a wonderful strategic game that works perfectly on a hand held device. Quick to learn hard to master, but not so where you start to pull your hair. It's not easy by any means, but balances the strategic element very well.
Highly recommended and can't wait to try the two person on one device multiplayer. Buy it and, oh yeah buy it, universal support, great strategic elements and wonderful polish. You will not be sorry!

4.5/5
Clinical review! I can't wait to play it on my bros iPad, I know what I'll be getting him for xmas this year... should be a good party game.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 AM

Hi guys!

Since the release of Castle Raid we have been getting a lot of feedback from you fans out there, thank you so much for your support!

Most of you seem to really like the game (YEY!) but think the game was a bit too short and needs more things to do. We agree! Our original intentions with Castle Raid was to develop a really fun and simple same device multiplayer game with a small single player mode to allow you to try out the game when you didn’t have anyone to play against. What we know today however is that a lot of people like to play Castle Raid as a single player game first and foremost. So with this knowledge we have started working on a BIG update that will adress many of these issues and also give us a great foundation to expand the game even further in the future.

We had a lot of discussions on what to add in this update. Should we simply add a new faction and a couple of new maps? We really wanted to give the game more depth but at the same time we didn’t want to make the game too complex. Just adding a new faction would probably not make the game last all that much longer, we really want to give the player a reason to continue playing the game and give them a sense of progression.

So with all these things in mind this is what we will release in the first update:
  • Instead of a new faction we will add five more unit types! To make the game simple to play we will allow you to select up to five units to use during a battle. This makes for interesting battles where you can try different strategies by using different combinations of units. This also means you now have one extra unit on the battlefield (it’s four different units today). The same goes for multiplayer battles – will you and your friend pick units secret from one another or agree on a setup with your favorite units?
  • There will no longer be a “northern alliance”, instead we will focus on and highlight the red and blue alliance fighting over the kingdom. Different units will be of different race, for example archers are Elven and barbarians are Orcs. The red and blue faction will have a units with mixed race. Even among the same race there is conflict and with this some decided to join the red alliance, others the blue.
  • When winning battles you will earn gold. The harder the opponents the more you will earn. Gold is used to recruit new unit types but also to upgrade existing.
  • All units can be upgraded. By upgrading a unit they will be able to withstand more damage and deal more damage. Upgrading units can really be a key to defeating the harder opponents.
  • Revamped difficulty system. Instead of defeating different opponents on the same map each map will now be controlled one king or queen. This king/queen can be fought on three different difficulty levels, casual, normal and heroic. Depending on the king/queen and the difficulty selected you will earn different amount of gold for defeating them. We will also continue improving the AI.
  • Five new opponents, one new world map and five new battlegrounds! The new maps will take place in a different part of the kingdom!
    All of the above is available in same device multiplayer mode! All units will probably have the same upgrade level when playing a multiplayer game to even things out (please let us know what you think of this).
    And of course we will continue improving the existing gameplay!
    So these are major changes coming in this first big update. With this we hope to provide a longer and more engaging single player AND same device multiplayer game. Every battle will earn you gold that you can use to progress in the game. You will be able to do a lot of experimentation with more available units that you can mix and match. Also this gives us a great foundation to add even morethings to the game in the future. After this update it will be easier for us to add new units, maps and other cool new stuff.

So when?
It’s a big update that has required many deeper changes to how the game works. With that said we are working really fast and hard to bring you this update. We are aiming for a release in November!

What will the new units be?
We’ve already released some screenshots of two of them here on the TouchArcade forums and also on our blog (http://www.arcticmill.com). For the other three, keep following our blog or this thread and I’m sure they’ll introduce themselves soon.

Will we be able to play Castle Raid on other platforms?
Yes we hope so! We are now actively looking at releasing Castle Raid to other platforms!

So what do you guys think of these upcoming changes?!