★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Enjoy totally addictive puzzle goodness on your handheld device!
Challenge yourself in every Temple and reach the height of success.
Last Temple 2 is the sequel to the award-winning Last Temple HD, which was in the Top #3 iPad Apps!

#You just cant get higher quality in match-3 than this.#

Description

Challenge your brain in 80 awesome custom-designed levels!

Use the might of incredible powerups to achieve the highest scores and beat the game!

Treat your eye to pixel-perfect retina graphics, while the perfectly balanced and polished levels blow your mind!

Awesome features

- Polished and perfect puzzle gameplay
- Stunning iPad and retina iPad graphics!
- 80 challenging Stages in the campaign.
- 10 awesome powerups to master and use.
- Endless replayability.
- Simple and smooth gameplay.
- Epic music and awesome sound effects.
- Want more content? Updates are already on the way.

More Apps from Ganymede:

Pocket Trucks - Great platform racer! Excellent graphics, good controls, solid level design, and addictive gameplay! (ToxicCheese)
Last Temple - A fresh, addictive puzzle game for your mobile device! 200 levels, gorgeouse 2D graphics... This is the full puzzle package.
Roswell Fighter - Stop the Alien invasion with your awesome red ship! This retro shmup is a blast to play!

Keep in Touch with us on:
facebook.com/LastTempleGame
or
www.ganymede.eu

Sanuku's comments:

09-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Last Temple HD was really good. I suppose this is more of the same.

From Sanuku's video, the game has Open Feint support, but no Game Center. I thought OF was dead, so this is quite curious to me.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 09-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.

09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Is it just me, or does the app icon make you think this is a platformer.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
09-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Wow, the price has already dropped to just a dollar. I am glad I waited but I am still on the fence. I wonder if the update promised in the game description will ever happen.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
09-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Game Impressions

Enh..

While a very solid presentation, neat power-ups, and fun twists within the levels, I have some fundamental issues with it.

My first and foremost pet peeve is that they no longer locally show your top score on each level, just your most stars earned on it. Since the 1-3 stars gained are ONLY a measure of the time taken to complete the level and don't factor in stuff like your highest chain or best combo, I feel this is a rather incomplete record of my achievements.

My second issue is, especially for saps like me who paid full price for the game, this is clearly a FREEMIUM game! Once you hit the later levels power-up usage is ESSENTIAL to get the 2-3 star ratings. While you can earn game currency by playing, usually for me about 50-200 a level, the cheapest power-up will cost you 500 credits each time you you play a level. So other than a lot of grinding without power-ups to then play a round or two with one means forking out some real cash via IAPs.

So with those two factors this 5 star game drops to about a 3/5.

P.S. Hey, the description even mentions "getting the highest scores" but nowhere do I see them tracked. I guess on OF you can see your combined level score but no idea if that is the highest score of each level combined together or just some lazy combo of all scores gained while playing that set of levels.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 09-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.
09-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Is it just me, or does the app icon make you think this is a platformer.
Yeah, and the first thing I thought of when I saw the name was Temple Run. All those "Atlantis" titles get me every time too, they sound really cool, and then they are just matching games.
09-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by try2bcool View Post
Yeah, and the first thing I thought of when I saw the name was Temple Run. All those "Atlantis" titles get me every time too, they sound really cool, and then they are just matching games.
Too true, I guess this is the guy you see off to the left telling you your score at the end of a level...but it seems a weird choice. You don't play as this guy or really interact with him in any way. On its own it is kind of catchy but relates so little to the game it makes little sense.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews