The Directorate: Spy on Spy, ARG Action
Lets be honest - the younger, cooler Sean Connery Bond would have Walther PPK'ed you in the face - twice - to get his hands on that device you modestly refer to as a "smart phone." It has so much brilliantly awesome spy potential that even Timothy Dalton with his absurd chin would have killed for it.
But alas, without a mission to accept, most of us are left tweeting about how lame Burning Man was or taking another go at those snarky green pigs...
Youtube link | Pop Up
The Directorate is an espionage game that takes place in real life. Combining geo-location tools and RPG style leveling and questing, The Directorate allows you to become a field agent in a real life game of espionage and intrigue. We’re bringing back all the fun of the Cold War and offering it to you at your doorstep. Your neighborhood, city – the entire world, really – becomes your gameboard as you set dead drops, proximity bombs and take out your enemies with poisoned umbrella guns.
Game Features Everybody cares about:
- Free to play with in-app purchases.
- Real-World GPS-enabled Gameplay
- Real-Time Multiplayer ARG
- Multiplatform and each form factor (phone, tablet & browser) is a different game experience.
- Leveling, quests, guilds (called cells) and all the cool parts of a classic RPG.
Game Features to Geek Out On:
- Adaptive narrative that responds to and incorporates real-world and in-game events. Your actions actually change the story.
- Artificial Intelligence simulates enemy agents when meat shields are scarce.
- High level agents given permanent characters woven into the story fabric.
The Directorate is starting off with a Kickstarter campaign to get the ball rolling but rest assured, this concept is just too much fun to let something like "funding" get in the way. This game has a life of it's own...it WANTS to be made.
Learn more on our Website and please join us at
The Directorate Kickstarter