★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Giant robots destroy cities and burn humans, tanks and helicopters with deadly lasers.

Robots Attack is tactical shooter and squad management game.
Manage and upgrade the robotic squad, and destroy human cities, tanks and helicopters.

Plot: Robots started uprising against the human race.
Giant robots are walking the streets, and burning everything with their powerful lasers.

In our cool tactical game you'll be able to:
- BURN humans with POWERFUL lasers!
- DESTROY cities and CRASH buildings
- Buy more upgrades for your robots squad
- Defeat Helicopters, Tanks and Rocket Launchers
and upgrade your Robots to make the squad unstoppable!

We have 6 unique robots, and sophisticated yet easy and intuitive upgrade system. Use your skills to last as much as you can

Game has unique visual style, and atmosphere of doom and apocalypse.
Enjoy cool FX and animations, and feel that you're in charge

p.s. Game was featured by PocketGamer (in "September's most exciting iOS games")

abductedaliens's comments:
Update: New VIDEO REVIEW is available for Robots Attack!:
Here http://youtu.be/SJ4TDx23svo

New promo started here in this thread
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=154754
get your free code!
------

Robots Attack! is just released tactical game!
Burn everything with powerful lasers and destroy human cities. Cool FX and explosions, tons of human resistance units, epic battles with tanks and helicopters and total destruction!

Game was previewed by PocketGamer in "Incoming! September's
most exciting iOS games"

iPhone link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/robots-attack!/id522039584?ls=1&mt=8

iPad link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/robots-attack!-hd/id522043127?ls=1&mt=8

More info:
Robots Attack is fresh tactical game about robotic uprising against
the human race. Giant robots are walking the streets, burning everything with their
powerful lasers.
You're playing for the AI!
- Find yourself in charge of the Robotic Apocalypse!
- Enjoy managing the robotic squad, burning humans, and upgrading your robots!

In our cool tactical game you'll be able to:
- BURN humans with POWERFUL lasers!
- DESTROY cities and CRASH buildings
- Convert enemy units to energy and buy more upgrades
- Defeat Helicopters, Tanks and Rocket Launchers
and upgrade your Robots to make the squad unstoppable!

You'll encounter endless waves of human resistance units, from simple
to hi-tech advanced generations

PocketGamer preview
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...re.asp?c=44667
Our website: http://abductedaliens.net

---
On promo codes
visit our promo thread:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=154754
09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Any games impressions? or video?

09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I cant stop playing this LOL.

Im playing on the iPad 3 as I knew it would be better on it than on the 4S... I was right. No, not really, coz i havent tested it on the smaller screen.

If i were to sum this game up, i'd say... "It's an endless version of Shellrazer."
The similarities end there though as this one has unique elements of its own.

Basically, you command robots invading the earth. Your bots walk on the earth killing it's defenders (infantry, heavy infantry, tanks, rocket tanks, helicopters, etc.).

Initially you start

Graphics is crisp and very sharp. Looks retina to me, but i dont have the eyes that can easily recognize them. But they look gorgeous. And I think the art style is pretty rad for a game like this.

Sound and music are there, and seem to put the mood in the right way while you blast things and destroy cities.

Gameplay. Familiar with Shellrazer? 3 turrets? on a turtle plowing through orcs and goblins? No? Well you should get that too.

In Robots Attack, you command Robots. There are 2 types. One anti-air, and one anti-ground. There are 4 kinds of robots, 2 for each of the types, where one is a stronger version of the other.

You start out with one anti-ground robot. Here's how you control him: Tap and hold on his lower half, and you regenerate him consuming energy in the process. Drag frmo his lower half to an area, and you can move him there. Drag from his upper half to units on the ground, and he shoots them with his laser. Drag his lower half, take him high up in the air and you can drop him near buildings so you can destroy them and let some humans run panicking. You can shoot humans too.

And every swipe is just too accurate it's unbelievable. I cant say about the small screen though, as tapping and sliding from your robot to certain enemies might get difficult on the small screen.

Each kill gives you back energy. Energy is used for everything in the game: Upgrades, healing, and cranking out new bots. It's a cycle of killing things to upgrde so you can kill more. The best part? MULTI TOUCH. You can control multiple robots at once, and so far, ive tried a max of 5 and i can control them all simultaneously.

Sound fun? It should be.

Now, imagine having 5 robots. HECTIC. Im still having fun though. And i can see about 20 enemies on screen maybe more (not that i counted, but they seem more than that at times) and there isnt any slowdowns.

So, the good: Graphics, Sounds, Controls (again im playing on the iPad), and the hectic but fun Gameplay.

On the downside, the game felt too easy. The enemies just dont scale up like you do. To be honest, i just paused my very FIRST GAME as im on City 53 now. Think of the Cities as "waves" and you'll know how it is. It gets tiring, obviously, and i dont think im gonna hit the game over screen soon. They should up the difficulty and balance the game a bit so that the game ends in 5 to 15 mins on average, and more if you want to get competitive.

One other flaw is that i think there should be more robots, and more variety. Having different looking robots that fire beams the same way isnt exactly what i'd call variety, but hey, im still a lot of fun with this. Maybe even more in terms of upgrades like changing how the robots look (but they do grow bigger the more you upgrade).

This is still a very good game despite the flaws as im totally enjoying this. PLUS, who doesnt want to destroy cities with robots in your command?

My verdict is that this game is still definitely RECOMMENDED despite it's flaws, and it's at $0.99. It's a new type of endless shooter/strategy game with some similarities to Shellrazer, and should be worth so much more than the $1 you spend on this beauty.

Some may not like the endless nature of the game, and how the robots feel the same, but it's the hectic and action-full gameplay where this game shines much.

To the Devs: Make the enemies scale faster a bit so it becomes a little more challenging. Great game!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Game impressions..

I like the game a lot as its abit similar to shelrazer in gameplay but has unique touches that makes it it's own game..Makes you feel like a kid again playing with your robot toys and ravaging a city..The animations is very nice,the sounds good..So what's not to like..Good job dev's had a blast playing this .
09-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Just found out another flaw. I was at City 91 when i decided to concede. So all 5 of my robots died... Then it isnt the game over screen yet. Not until you have ZERO energy. Took me a good 5 mins more just to crank out bots and upgrading them to see some game over screen. I HAD over 150,000 energy. If i dont press anything there isnt a game over screen? O_o

EDIT: Just found out there are 3 difficulty modes. I will try the Hardcore difficulty later. The first game I played, im not sure what difficulty that one was as i dont remember choosing a difficulty, but im assuming "casual"

I hope im going to like Hardcore more. But still... Devs: The game needs some balancing as of right now. And change it so that when you lose all 5 they start shooting you and you lose energy the more they shoot you.

EDIT2: The game is still fun, but it's a tossup right now with the almost broken "game over system" The game will stay recommended as long as the devs show up and say they will tweak the conditions for a game over.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 09-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.
09-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I cant stop playing this LOL.
To the Devs: Make the enemies scale faster a bit so it becomes a little more challenging. Great game!
Thank you so much for this great and detailed review!
We will work out the flaws, and - secretly tell you more - there will be 6 different kind of robots in upcoming update!!
Also we will fix the balance, making it more hard and challenging.
Creating modular robot constructor is interesting idea, like ship new guns, or change robot parts - it requires some budget to implement, so if this Robots Attack I will raise us the money, we definitely would make Robots Attack II with same principle but with levels, different cities (more art, new buildings) , new cool FX, lasers, blasters, and will do modular robot constructor with many cool weapons, shields. And definitely add more new enemies! to make the game challenging and fun
09-19-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
I like the game a lot as its abit similar to shelrazer in gameplay but has unique touches that makes it it's own game..Makes you feel like a kid again playing with your robot toys and ravaging a city..The animations is very nice,the sounds good..So what's not to like..Good job dev's had a blast playing this .
Thanks for the review!)
09-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Similar to Shellrazer? Sign me up! Maybe even a mix of Shellrazer and Robot Rampage? Even better!

Video available? Can't tell too much from the screen shots.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 09-19-2012 at 03:11 AM.
09-19-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
Similar to Shellrazer? Sign me up! Maybe even a mix of Shellrazer and Robot Rampage? Even better!

Video available? Can't tell too much from the screen shots.
Yup. If you are familiar with Shellrazer, you should be familiar with Robots Attack. Think Shellrazer, but your cannons are horisontally arranged, then you can control up to 5 cannons. That's Robots Attack!

09-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Thanks for reading my impressions on the game Devs! I am enjoying the game much, but as ive pointed out, some flaws will need some attention. Thanks!