Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2012, 02:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I don't know, I'm roughly at the same point you are, and I can really feel burnout starting to set in. Mostly, I think, due to it becoming somewhat apparent that getting "perfect" on every level is little more than a memory test when all's said and done.
Well, aren't all games of this nature (Bitless, ChocoRun, even Super Meat Boy) the same? Don't they all come down to timing and memorization? I totally get where you're coming from, but keep in mind that there are more gameplay mechanics to deal with down the line...if this keeps your attention until then. Personally, I'm loving it and absolutely loving the challenge and even the memorization. While I would just quit in Bitless after trying like a dozen times on a certain level, I find myself replaying levels here over and over until I get "Perfect". Hell, it was 2 a.m. last night, I had to sleep to wake up my girlfriend at 6 (sorry folks...not a blatant "LOOK I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND~!" post) and I must have replayed 1-10 at least 50 times before nailing the perfect run and going to bed.

Last edited by metalcasket; 09-19-2012 at 02:15 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
so get it or no?
yes!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I think the games great value, its VERY polished, amazing graphics, smooth gameplay and as you point out the filesize is amazing, not some silly 300 meg bloated file.

BUT to me its not a platformer and i hope all platformers wont be endless runners. Standard platformers (left/right/jump) work well on iOS, this is a great endless runner but i would love for this company to release a traditional platformer.

But the filesize, amazing.
Yeah... For somebody who has played tons of runners, this is definitely not a platformer, but rather something more of the same plus MORE... In all caps.

Oh, and psj, this isnt endless. Runner, yes... Endless, no.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:16 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Oh, and psj, this isnt endless. Runner, yes... Endless, no.
Oops sorry yeah not endless, my mistake !

I'm still blown away by the size of the file, now with so many games/films/music/graphic novels on my ipod i'm starting to look at filesizes of games more and more, but the size of this one, just brilliant considering how good it looks. Its been a great 'release Wednesday' already and thats before the rest arrive in 3 hours time
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 AM

very nice and polished... graphics, animations and sounds are really lovely (kids will love this)!

main motivation/challenge seems to be the "have to catch them all" appeal, which is nice, even for me, there are at least two control-buttons missing... tough luck ;)

anyway, for sure the best this week currently has to offer :)

Last edited by Janni; 09-19-2012 at 02:47 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

You people. >_>

That's why I said "catered to iOS" and whatnot. Of course it isn't a traditional platformer, but it's what I think a platformer should be on iOS. Also, this is pretty much what I think Super Meat Boy Touch (or whatever it's called...if it really does come out ) will end up being like.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:32 AM

if SMB comes to iOS with one touch, i'm probably switching to endless-rant-mode :D

back to topic: no IAPs, currency, etc.... IT IS POSSIBLE (big phat plus for me)!

thats a game i can give my nephew/niece without watching over them all the time :P

Last edited by Janni; 09-19-2012 at 02:42 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Of course it isn't a traditional platformer, but it's what I think a platformer should be on iOS. Also, this is pretty much what I think Super Meat Boy Touch (or whatever it's called...if it really does come out ) will end up being like.
Disagree with that, traditional platformers work on iOS. Theres room for those, theres room for runners, theres room for endless runners. If standard platformers badly failed on iOS due to the buttons/controls then fair enough, but they work. I hope Super Meat Boy Touch has buttons as thats what a platformer should be on iOS - a platformer !

Anyway back to this thread ! Just completed the first 'world' and onto the second, i love it when we get the odd game or two which are released early like this !
Old 09-19-2012, 02:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Well, aren't all games of this nature (Bitless, ChocoRun, even Super Meat Boy) the same? Don't they all come down to timing and memorization? I totally get where you're coming from, but keep in mind that there are more gameplay mechanics to deal with down the line...if this keeps your attention until then. Personally, I'm loving it and absolutely loving the challenge and even the memorization. While I would just quit in Bitless after trying like a dozen times on a certain level, I find myself replaying levels here over and over until I get "Perfect". Hell, it was 2 a.m. last night, I had to sleep to wake up my girlfriend at 6 (sorry folks...not a blatant "LOOK I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND~!" post) and I must have replayed 1-10 at least 50 times before nailing the perfect run and going to bed.
Well, I felt the same way to begin with, just saying my enthusiasm seems to be taking a sharp dive. Thing is, with this game, I'm really not seeing "other gameplay mechanics" in terms of presenting any challenge. The only one is collecting everything in one run. And that's predominantly a memory test in this case. Other titles you mentioned will test your reactions.

I absolutely see what's enjoyable here. I'm just starting to realise that predominantly it is a very shallow experience. Even more so than I initially thought.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:47 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Disagree with that, traditional platformers work on iOS.
Never said they don't.

Anyways, yeah...enough derailing. For anyone reading this: Brilliant game, shut up and get it.