Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
I sometimes ignore the partner gauge, knowing that my opponent is watching it and waiting. I often do a ton of damage because opponents assume that I'll back off when the gauge is low. When I turn it up, I can catch them by surprise. Sure, I eat a huge combo at times, but it's worth the risk. Also, I use level 5 speed gems, so I can get out faster than people expect.

I guess it all depends on my opponent's play style, but yeah, most Hugo's are one trick ponies.
I never ignore it. Some players turn to Pandora, and some other players just cross cancel. If their anchor is Heihachi, Paul, or any other char with great cross cancel, empty jump is the best option. That's the moment where I hate Hugo: I can't Air Raid due to his Backbreaker, and I can't empty jump due to his Press. Special Step and dashes are too dangerous due to Hugo's extra % (I think it isn't that big, but Hugo is still very powerful without extra damage, so...). When the partner gauge of the other player is empty, I just want to hit him with a special attack so I can start my corner game with Hwo. When my partner gauge is empty, I just cross cancel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentZer0 View Post
Is there a way to tweak the framerate? Feels kinda laggy on ipad 3
Nope.

Last edited by VaroFN; 01-11-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hey alan thanks a lot, I now realize I've been playing Paul wrong this entire time, haha. Definitely gonna try him out again .
Just for clarification: what is 'bf'? And is there any difference between K-P-sp (kick -> punch -> special, right?) and K-K-sp? What do you mean by SP when unsure? Is b + sp (sway) useful? Hope to run into you sometime!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:39 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I may upgrade my phone to 5, if I install the game on my new phone, do I need to do leveling back from 0? Also, do i keep all the unlocked p boxes, title and features?
Thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I wish I could play this game with my new duo gamer wireless joystick. This game could use it for sure.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dNastyee View Post
Hey alan thanks a lot, I now realize I've been playing Paul wrong this entire time, haha. Definitely gonna try him out again .
Just for clarification: what is 'bf'? And is there any difference between K-P-sp (kick -> punch -> special, right?) and K-K-sp? What do you mean by SP when unsure? Is b + sp (sway) useful? Hope to run into you sometime!
Same here. I just suck with Paul, and I'm sure that the miniguide will help me a lot ^^
I think bf+sp=Mortar Punch. Paul's punch after K has a cool effect: sometimes, it makes the enemy dizzy (just like a fully charged focus attack in Volt), so you can start another combo. I only saw this a few times, so maybe I'm mistaken. I don't know how to trigger that effect though. I know that it happens when the enemy tries to attack in the middle of Paul's combo because the word Counter appears.
And yes, b+sp is really useful. You can easily avoid some short range attacks and use df+k to start a new combo. Also, it's faster than Paul's back-dashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImLegend View Post
I may upgrade my phone to 5, if I install the game on my new phone, do I need to do leveling back from 0? Also, do i keep all the unlocked p boxes, title and features?
Thanks
Login into Game Center before opening the game for the first time, and it will ask you if you want to keep using your profile or if you want to start a new one. You'll keep everything.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 PM

when will this get iphone 5 support
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I just saw I had a big typo: all bf+sp should be bd (back down) + sp, sorry for confusing.

I will edit the post and answer your replies later today, as I will be without internet connection soon.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

It seems like I'm running into a lot of Capcom bots in ranked lately. What human will press against the wall immediately once I throw a few sonic booms? I think it's a 'glitch' and I tested it; Double Perfects in ranked from all-day-SBs...WTF
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_joe View Post
when will this get iphone 5 support
Never due to multiplayer support! The players must see te same portion of the screen!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshkhsee View Post
It seems like I'm running into a lot of Capcom bots in ranked lately. What human will press against the wall immediately once I throw a few sonic booms? I think it's a 'glitch' and I tested it; Double Perfects in ranked from all-day-SBs...WTF
If one person's connection drops, the CPU will take over. I don't think there are bots playing online. The connection may have dropped right at the beginning.