Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-05-2012, 02:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
So how do we do friendly matches exactly? I'm not clear about this.

Do we have to unlock it by playing vs the CPU, or online against other people? Or can it be unlocked now - or is it already unlocked? How do we invite a friend to a match?
playing online in ranked

vs cpu cant be unlocked
Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffan7777 View Post
Found more new stuff randomly:

Thank god it's not a Ryu dupe. They will be added in upcoming updates. As of right now, there's no files for them.

I'm looking forward to keep leveling up now that I know friendly mode exists.

Just reached level 32. Love faking it that I'm a huge noob and get them revenge exp when they rematch me and get blown up.
Heihachi, oh yeah, bring on the fun

I wouldn't mind sagat or ken though can't have it all I guess

Last edited by Randomarcade; 10-05-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 02:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Found more new stuff randomly:

Seriously? Rolento? Heihachi makes sense and I'm glad he's in the next update, but Rolento? Should have been Zangief or Cammy or even Cody (if they're trying to add more Final Fight guys to this mobile edition).

...I still hate Hugo. =)
Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSpoken View Post
I think I have a bug with the purchasing of gold coins on my version. It always gives me an error then kicks me out of the screen. At first I thought it was because I had iAP's restricted, but I switched it on and still the same error...
Good! Buying coins will only add incentive for Capcom and others to pull this **** in the future.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Do you lose two straight and then win six straight? I generally don't lose two straight on purpose because I don't want to miss out on those revenge points.

As for the coins, are you saying that when we use gold to buy 3 new coins, that permanently increases the number of wins in a row that will actually earn exp (before it wins start equaling zero increase in exp?). I guess I'm not too sure what you mean by that.
First, let's refer the coins that are recharge by time as Capcoins and the IAP coins as gold coins from now on?

So, when I go to sleep, I usually like to go to sleep with 0 Capcoins remaining. When I wake up, I know that there's 3 wins stocked up that will earn me exp, but I don't want to get those 3 wins on the next session when I can lose once so the timer for the recharge starts working. Hopefully, I get the revenge exp for the 1st win, then get 5 more wins to get rid of the stocked up wins that reward exp.

So far, I have not used any gold coins to make any progress and have 18 stocked up.

I'm not sure if none our strategy works this weekend b/c it's a max exp weekend. Make the most out of it while you can!! I'm guessing we will always earn exp off every single win without having to lose (revenge exp does help though). Off 2 revenge wins, I was already able to earn like 75% of a level (when it's at level 30+, it seems to move a lot slower...).When it's over, we'll have to go back to what we know works best.

Last edited by fffan7777; 10-05-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
First, let's refer the coins that are recharge by time as Capcoins and the IAP coins as gold coins from now on?

So, when I go to sleep, I usually like to go to sleep with 0 Capcoins remaining. When I wake up, I know that there's 3 wins stocked up that will earn me exp, but I don't want to get those 3 wins on the next session when I can lose once so the timer for the recharge starts working. Hopefully, I get the revenge exp for the 1st win, then get 5 more wins to get rid of the stocked up wins that reward exp.

So far, I have not used any gold coins to make any progress and have 18 stocked up.

I'm not sure if none our strategy works this weekend b/c it's a max exp weekend. Make the most out of it while you can!! I'm guessing we will always earn exp off every single win without having to lose (revenge exp does help though). Off 2 revenge wins, I was already able to earn like 75% of a level (when it's at level 30+, it seems to move a lot slower...).When it's over, we'll have to go back to what we know works best.
Interesting. I didn't always think to lose that last coin before calling it quits for the day (or the morning or whatever) because I hate to end on a loss. But it does make sense and when I"ve unintentionally lost to end a session, I guess I have known enough to win a few matches first before diving into a loss on my next session.

I've purchased Capcoins once or twice but still have 10 gold coins stocked up. I get them very rarely these days. For some reason I feel like they used to come a little more often. Even those stupid boxes that fly across the screen never give me gold anymore (like they used to). Now they give me some lame tip.

As for revenge exp, there's nothing worse than having an opponent quit after I lose on purpose, especially if it leaves me with only one coin left.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
I've purchased Capcoins once or twice but still have 10 gold coins stocked up. I get them very rarely these days. For some reason I feel like they used to come a little more often. Even those stupid boxes that fly across the screen never give me gold anymore (like they used to). Now they give me some lame tip.
Yea, those flying pandora boxes just give out SP randomly. I have no idea what triggers it to give it to us or none at all. It's nothing major anyway, something like 50 SP or so. Something that you can earn with 2-3 matches. Plus, how will 50 SP really be useful when it takes 7800 SP to purchase and max out a Lv.3 gem set....

As for the gold coins, the only way to earn them is by reaching a level multiple of 5. Most of the rewards are listed in the spreadsheet in my signature. If the level after a title is not a multiple of 5, it's always something good like a new feature or a new gem set.

PS. Make the most out of this weekend. No restriction on the EXP earned is amazing! Already jumped 2 levels with 3 revenge exp in a total of 7 matches.

Last edited by fffan7777; 10-05-2012 at 05:35 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 PM

Good games Shoo. I had to watch kids but also didn't want you to take my last coin! Haha.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:35 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Wow, just read that vita version will have more characters than the console! All Playstation exclusive characters including Cole from Infamous. Pretty damn cool
Old 10-05-2012, 11:57 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Yea we got the shitty end of the game. Only ten characters and iap galore.
Dude, I hate people who complain like this. The game JUST came out after being announced only a few months ago. We already got a bug fix, online play is getting better and they have implemented ways to deal with ragequitters and hacking scors.. The iOS version improves on the gem system and the game rewards us with the gold coins for purchases. Many games that have IAP currency, you cannot earn it in game for free.

I'm happy with 10 characters as is. I have only really explored a handful of them and with the new tagging system there are really 10C2*2=90 different combinations.