★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Prison Run and Gun is a retro puzzle platformer with modern gameplay and mechanics.

The recent events in a state prison, involving Jake from Hot Guns Team was a perfect moment for some prisoners to escape - you are one of them.

Use your skills and the guns to break through 30 sections standing between you and the freedom !

The game supports MFI controllers

mephiozo's comments:

Prison Run and Gun

Adrian Kumorowski
Genres: Games Puzzle Action
$1.99 USD

Quote:
Prison Run and Gun is a retro puzzle platformer with the modern gameplay and mechanics.

The recent events in a state prison, involving Jake and the others, was a perfect moment for some prisoners to escape - you are one of them.
Use your skills and the guns to break through 30 sections standing between you and the freedom !

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 57.7MB

03-30-2016, 02:45 AM
This is effing spectacular. That is all.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

03-30-2016, 02:57 AM
Agree, but think I may have found a bug. When dropping levels, the screen doesn't center on the player, so cannot see where the heck I'm going. iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3. Hope its something I am missing and not a bug.

Edit: Looks like I had to close the game and reopen.

Last edited by sugimulm; 03-30-2016 at 03:00 AM.
03-30-2016, 03:30 AM
Is MFi support there?
03-30-2016, 05:56 AM

I really like it. It's maybe more of a puzzle game than a action platformer than I was expecting. And maybe it could use some easier levels in the beginning so its easier to understand the mechanics. But in the end the levels are well designed, controls are spot on and I just keep playing cause I want to beat all these super hard levels.
03-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
I really like it. It's maybe more of a puzzle game than a action platformer than I was expecting. And maybe it could use some easier levels in the beginning so its easier to understand the mechanics. But in the end the levels are well designed, controls are spot on and I just keep playing cause I want to beat all these super hard levels.
I agree, word for word...

Except maybe for "the levels are well designed". No comment possible since i can't even pass level 2, yet. Ouch, very finicky to pass those blade-gap. It gives me more trouble than the first 40 levels together from the brilliant King Rabbit.

The sfx sounds are spot on as well. Unfortunately i can't say the same for the in-game music. Again (for me), a not really fitting music for the game's theme/atmosphere. Glad we have volume sliders.
Concerning music lately, i seem to transform into a "Waldorf and Statler".

Nowhere a sign of MFI, installed MB 96.

Btw, the a bit underrated/overseen Volt and One Up Lemonade Rush are from the same Dev(s).

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania
03-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
I agree, word for word...

Except maybe for "the levels are well designed". No comment possible since i can't even pass level 2, yet. Ouch, very finicky to pass those blade-gap. It gives me more trouble than the first 40 levels together from the brilliant King Rabbit.

The sfx sounds are spot on as well. Unfortunately i can't say the same for the in-game music. Again (for me), a not really fitting music for the game's theme/atmosphere. Glad we have volume sliders.
Concerning music lately, i seem to transform into a "Waldorf and Statler".

Nowhere a sign of MFI, installed MB 96.

Btw, the a bit underrated/overseen Volt and One Up Lemonade Rush are from the same Dev(s).
And the game needs an instant retry button.
03-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Agree, but think I may have found a bug. When dropping levels, the screen doesn't center on the player, so cannot see where the heck I'm going. iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3. Hope its something I am missing and not a bug.
Can you send a screenshot what/when exactly is happening ?
Thanks
03-30-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm thoroughly enjoying what I've played but I've come across a bug as well. On level 1, first after tutorial I had to restart twice because when I walked off to the right after shooting the boxes the screen stayed static and I moved off so I couldn't see anything.

3rd time it didn't happen so I was able to continue. I'm on the Air 2 latest iOS
03-30-2016, 01:14 PM
Hmm...any tips for jumping the double-bladed charm in the 2nd level?