★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Protostar
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 61.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Sling, bounce and swing your Kong to glory, but watch out for all manner of dastardly traps and obstacles. Go up, and up, and up until theres no more up to go, or else meet your hilarious end!

Join Chimp, Pig, Jellyfish and over 35 other crazy and colourful characters as you challenge your friends to become the best Kong Slinger around.

Sling Kong supports the following languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese.
08-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Very happy to see this one from the makers of Checkpoint Champion.

08-05-2015, 10:20 AM
gameplay video

08-05-2015, 10:31 AM
won't open on iPhone 5s latest iOS 8. press the app and it just instantly shuts down.
08-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Pirate View Post
won't open on iPhone 5s latest iOS 8. press the app and it just instantly shuts down.
Same happened to my friends ipad mini retina, 8.4, not JB. After he turned off Weblock, it worked.

I'm playing on an iphone 5c, 8.3 (just found out due to the white back, which i wanted to remove, lol), no Weblock and not JB, and it works almost perfect. Almost, because at the start of every game, i have a lag for the first 3-5 seconds, no more later on.

Some want to find out for themselves:
A little twist here is that you can (have to) dodge some attacks from the fire spitting plants by holding down your finger, and always remember the last "point" beneath you as a rescue buoy

Besides this polished labor of love, it has this addictive one-more factor with very responsive and fast controls.
I played many games (early code) and the revive button only shows up once in a few games! and just one time is possible. Being a highscore chaser, thanks for that Devs.
For 100 coins it's quite pricy, considering you'll only make 0-5 coins per game, in the beginning at least. Standard wise you'll get some free coins every six hours, and watching ads to earn coins to unlock more and very cute characters (no gameplay effects).

Recommended to check it out, if you like this genre.
08-05-2015, 03:51 PM
thanks but I didn't have weblock and I'm not jail broken. I tried airplane mode and also logging out of game centre. and nothing worked? just won't even load. sometimes I saw what looked like a flash of the start screen but it just kept crashing. I'll try again after an update to hopefully fix these problems.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: HorizonChase, Prune, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, WrestlingRevolution.
08-05-2015, 06:40 PM
I will check this out later but sometimes these freezes actually have to do with the amount of Game Center friends you have. I cut mine down from 497 to 154 and I haven't had a problem with games that used to freeze.

200,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: DonnyDJ76
Let's go Yankees!
08-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Really fun game Protostar Congrats on another good game after Checkpoint Champion.
08-05-2015, 08:39 PM
The sound effect of the monkey screaming is enough to get me to grab this one! Loved the heck out of Checkpoint Champion, thanks for another fun game!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
08-05-2015, 10:37 PM
I can't believe how low the hype for this game is. It's so polished and fun and non-invasive with the ads/IAP. All ads are opt in, for extra currency, you've gotta dig to find the IAP. I find this much lower pressure than even Crossy Road. I've never before been excited to watch an ad... what has this game done to me?