★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 434.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (6)
App description: TOUCHARCADE GAME OF THE WEEK - March 27, 2015

"The platformer is like no other, and the world is realistic with powerful visual effects giving players a life like and rare Star Wars Rebels experience." - TouchArcade (March 31, 2015)

"True fans now have a new iOS game to play based on the Disney XD series and it's phenomenal." - TouchArcade (March 31, 2015)

Based on the hit TV show, Star Wars Rebels!

Rebels wanted! Are you ready to stand up against the Empire? Become an intergalactic hero in Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions, the new action-platformer mobile game!

Take on 4 FREE levels of battle against the Empire as Ezra Bridger, dodge TIE fighters, blast Stormtroopers, and drive an Imperial AT-MP. With in-app purchases, wield a Lightsaber, fight Star Wars bosses, drive an AT-DP, and unlock 30 more levels and 50+ unique challenges. Customize and expand a secret Rebel Haven where heroes can hide out and rescue citizens. And, interact with characters like Zeb the muscle of the Ghost team, Hera the pilot, and even Chopper the grumpy Droid.

Fight to save citizens of Lothal and restore hope to the Star Wars Rebels universe by joining the rebellion today! The game features enhanced shading and dynamic visual effects through Metal support, which gives players a truly unique Star Wars Rebels, experience

For Everyone:
BATTLE against the Empire as Ezra Bridger, the street-smart hero, and dodge TIE fighters
DRIVE an Imperial AT-MP and activate boosts to take down the Empires legion
COLLECT Hope and gift to citizens to earn boosts
CUSTOMIZE your secret Rebel Haven with rewards like living units, towers, building mods, and art
DISCOVER secret rooms, Stormtrooper helmets, and play to earn rewards from Chopper

With In-App Purchases:
UNLOCK 30 additional levels, with more Empire enemies, boosts, secret rooms, and rewards to expand your Rebel Haven
BATTLE STAR WARS BOSSES including TIE bombers, AT-DPs, and TIE fighters
WIELD a Lightsaber as Kanan Jarrus, the cowboy Jedi, and battle with your twin-blaster as Sabine Wren, the explosive artist

STAR WARS & Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

For the best experience, we recommend playing this game on an iPhone 5/5s/5c, 6/6+, and iPads running iOS7 and above. Playing on an iPhone 4/4S may result in longer load times and slower performance.

The Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions App is free to play. However, there are optional in-app purchases available for purchase that cost real money. If you choose to make a purchase, your iTunes account will be charged.

Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains
in-app purchases that cost real money
the option to accept push notifications to let you know when we have exciting updates like new content
advertising for some third parties
as well as advertising for The Walt Disney Family of Companies
03-26-2015, 05:48 AM
Please be good please be good

Hmmm was a bit worried when i read about 'costumes' and 'pets' but the tutorial is a nice 'run/gun platformer'. Hopefully there'll be more of the same. So far so surprisingly good

Last edited by psj3809; 03-26-2015 at 05:59 AM.

03-26-2015, 06:26 AM
Does this needs internet?

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper (ID: ereE, Sentinel Grimoire), Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
Officially moved to android
03-26-2015, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
Does this needs internet?
Turned on airplane mode. Works fine

So far its surprisingly good, the tutorial was good. then i started the first mission from the map and its more and more platforming 'run n gun' style levels

As this also has apparently an IAP (i think you buy the rest of the game) thats a good sign that it wont be freemium hell.

Just starting the first main mission, this is alright !
03-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Please be good please be good

Hmmm was a bit worried when i read about 'costumes' and 'pets' but the tutorial is a nice 'run/gun platformer'. Hopefully there'll be more of the same. So far so surprisingly good
this is one is good

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

03-26-2015, 06:33 AM
Well, those are some great things to hear!

This, SpaceBeard, and possibly Heroes Central add quite nicely to the games found yesterday!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
03-26-2015, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Well, those are some great things to hear!

This, SpaceBeard, and possibly Heroes Central add quite nicely to the games found yesterday!
Great find Pete as i wouldnt have known about this otherwise. 'So far' so good with this one. Like i say after hearing about pets/costumes i thought this ones for kids but its really good. Just on the first main level and theres stormtroopers, some nice animation (AT-ST type thing walked past in the background). I dont know how much the IAP is for the extra bits, cant seem to see on the itunes info. Either way to unlock the other levels i'll be doing this for sure once i get to that point.

Early early days yet but so far one of the best star wars ios games i've played

Could this be the star wars app that we've been looking for ? !

Last edited by psj3809; 03-26-2015 at 06:43 AM.
03-26-2015, 07:18 AM
Nice... Looks good, and with the positives going on in this thread cant wait to get on my ipad.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-26-2015, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Great find Pete as i wouldnt have known about this otherwise. 'So far' so good with this one. Like i say after hearing about pets/costumes i thought this ones for kids but its really good. Just on the first main level and theres stormtroopers, some nice animation (AT-ST type thing walked past in the background). I dont know how much the IAP is for the extra bits, cant seem to see on the itunes info. Either way to unlock the other levels i'll be doing this for sure once i get to that point.

Early early days yet but so far one of the best star wars ios games i've played

Could this be the star wars app that we've been looking for ? !
Hehehe... No love for KOTOR?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Oh wow! I've never even heard about this one. Disney has been sneaky lately.