Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 AM
iPad mini

One of my all time favorite anythings. Cannot wait for this
Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Wish I was in NZ. Will get tomorrow. This is HUGE. Hope its a solid port.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

one of my favorite games ever. excited to get this at 11 pm
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
The screenshots look horribly washed out. Will wait for impressions.
This episode is brought to you by horrible: the most overused (and misused) word in gaming,

A triple murder is horrible. Washed out graphics is just kind of annoying.

@psj3809: your use of the generic term "eastern RPG" suggests to me that you have little experience with JRPGs. On the surface level many of them look the same, but once you play through a few you learn to discern the qualities and differences. Many people consider Lunar to be one of the best examples of the genre; the fact that it has been remade three times (a PSP version came out a few years ago) speaks to its staying power. Like ChronoTrigger, Lunar is a good RPG to get started with, since you don't need much of a back story, and even a non-fan can easily appreciate the story and characters. That said, I haven't tried this version yet, so I can't speak to the quality of the port. As a game, though, it's definitely worth the money (and memory space).
Old 09-19-2012, 06:47 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Like ChronoTrigger, Lunar is a good RPG to get started with, since you don't need much of a back story, and even a non-fan can easily appreciate the story and characters. That said, I haven't tried this version yet, so I can't speak to the quality of the port. As a game, though, it's definitely worth the money (and memory space).
I've played the 'big name' ones like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger and a few others. I'm not anti JRPG's (I do wish they had JRPGs without the 'cute' graphics though, most of the ones i see have them). Thanks for the post, may giave this a go at some point, i'll do a bit of research on youtube/sites and perhaps get this

Thanks
Old 09-19-2012, 06:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Best game ever...

Still confused where it's ported from? (Looks like the PS/Saturn version) it shouldn't be hard to tell the Sega cd ver. has random battles(like FF) the Saturn/ps version has on screen enimies(like chrono trigger)
Old 09-19-2012, 06:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I think this is a true sign of me getting old, dont 'get' the love for this, just looks another eastern RPG ? Not trying to cause a huge argument, just want to realise what the love is for this game.
Well, I could tell you, but then almost certainly would cause a huge argument. (SZ is preparing to wrestle me to the floor as we speak...)
Old 09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I think this is a true sign of me getting old, dont 'get' the love for this, just looks another eastern RPG ? Not trying to cause a huge argument, just want to realise what the love is for this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
(...) Many people consider Lunar to be one of the best examples of the genre; the fact that it has been remade three times (a PSP version came out a few years ago) speaks to its staying power. Like ChronoTrigger, Lunar is a good RPG to get started with, since you don't need much of a back story, and even a non-fan can easily appreciate the story and characters. That said, I haven't tried this version yet, so I can't speak to the quality of the port. As a game, though, it's definitely worth the money (and memory space).

Lunar Silver Star Story? Never heard of it...
Old 09-19-2012, 07:24 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ronfar View Post
Best game ever...

Still confused where it's ported from? (Looks like the PS/Saturn version) it shouldn't be hard to tell the Sega cd ver. has random battles(like FF) the Saturn/ps version has on screen enimies(like chrono trigger)
If you follow the post thread here, it's said that this is a port of the remastered Saturn version. And yeah, the PSX version was the same as the Saturn version.
Quote:
I've played the 'big name' ones like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger and a few others. I'm not anti JRPG's (I do wish they had JRPGs without the 'cute' graphics though, most of the ones i see have them). Thanks for the post, may giave this a go at some point, i'll do a bit of research on youtube/sites and perhaps get this

Thanks
If it's an issue for you, the combat in this game is a bit smoother/faster than in most other JRPGs. It's one of the reasons I like this game more than others.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

To anyone who's never played this game(and it's sequel) are missing out on one of the best RPGs(2 if u count the sequal, which alot of people say is even better) ever... Seriously these games are no joke..comparable to FF6,chrono trigger you name it in the world of 2D RPGs. If 2d RPGs aren't your cup of tea then that's different. But if you loved or even liked all the great RPGs from the snes era and haven't played this game, you need too..

I'd say L:SSS is the essence of what a jrpg is or should be in every possible way,even over FF6,CT and the like.

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 09-19-2012 at 08:01 AM..