Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM
picohero picohero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 529
Default

I keep rocking out to "a bit unfettered by the unknown." (overworld music after you hit a certain point) is there any chance we'll see eternal blue nall? I live this one so much!
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,623
Default

I dont think ive posted impressions on this game, but i just cant take the bad controls on this one. Sorry... I loved the original, but cant even seem to like how this one plays.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM
soldat7 soldat7 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I dont think ive posted impressions on this game, but i just cant take the bad controls on this one. Sorry... I loved the original, but cant even seem to like how this one plays.
Will they be fixed? And once again...

Is there any filtering or pixel smoothing going on? Could you do something like DotEmu did for Metal Slug 3? That looks absolutely brilliant when filtering/smoothing is disabled.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 PM
furushotakeru furushotakeru is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Default

I've played through the game three times now on iOS and I literally have no idea why people are complaining about the controls so much, other than that tap to move is pretty useless due to the inability to navigate around obstacles. I have never had too much trouble getting my party to where I need them to go using the virtual joystick.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM
nall's Avatar
nall nall is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
Will they be fixed? And once again...

Is there any filtering or pixel smoothing going on? Could you do something like DotEmu did for Metal Slug 3? That looks absolutely brilliant when filtering/smoothing is disabled.
Yes, there is filtering going on, although we're planning to add options to customize it. That said, WHICH Metal Slug 3 filtering option are you referring to?
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Bloko Bloko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nall View Post
Yes, there is filtering going on, although we're planning to add options to customize it. That said, WHICH Metal Slug 3 filtering option are you referring to?
He's talking about the absence of smoothing -- the option that let you disable the filtering and see the actual pixels instead of blurry ones.
I myself would love to see something like that on Lunar too. I always disable filtering in pixel-art-powered games whenever possible.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:00 AM
picohero picohero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 529
Default

Yes! Beat xenobia with the game freezing! Thanks nall
EDIT: now the game crashes when I fight ghaleon

Last edited by picohero; 10-05-2012 at 08:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
eflin eflin is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furushotakeru View Post
I've played through the game three times now on iOS and I literally have no idea why people are complaining about the controls so much, other than that tap to move is pretty useless due to the inability to navigate around obstacles. I have never had too much trouble getting my party to where I need them to go using the virtual joystick.
To be fair... trying to play the game held horizontally (which the psuedo joystick interface) is nigh unplayable in my opinion. Hard to select things underneath the buttons... you often click the screen and start moving there instead of triggering the joystick... etc.

Exact-Psience have you tried the other control scheme though? Holding it vertically so you get the D-pad works great in my opinion and also makes the game itself look a lot sharper (since it's in a smaller window better suited for the original art it appears). It's the only way I play now and it works great.

Last edited by eflin; 10-05-2012 at 12:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
furushotakeru furushotakeru is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picohero View Post
Yes! Beat xenobia with the game freezing! Thanks nall
EDIT: now the game crashes when I fight ghaleon
Are you playing the latest build?
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM
picohero picohero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 529
Default

Yeah, I'm on the latest build. It's crashed three times do far.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent