★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nall View Post
@pico - Please try on the newer one. Thanks!

@eflin - You should actually be able to move diagonally, even if it's not immediately evident from the four buttons. The dialog situation should be helped in the coming update.
Sure thing nall. I can only download it on Thursdays, but I'll be happy to do it
10-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Really looking forward to the update! Any idea on when you'll be submitting it to Apple?

Couple of thoughts on leveling up as well. First, the level up screen should stay up till you push the screen to move on. At the very least it should stay up for twice as long as it does. You have to read very fast if you want to see it all. Second, does it not tell you when you learn a new spell? Either I've missed it each time or it doesn't. It really should.

10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
My understanding is that the update was submitted to Apple a few days ago and is waiting for approval. This update addresses the memory leaks, adds iCloud support, fixes most of the complaints about the virtual dpad (at least I think it does, I never really had a problem with it so it is tough to judge), and various other bug fixes.
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
It's also worth noting it has a fix to the slowdown problem some users experienced, which was a weird combination between a bug in iOS's graphics driver and our scheduling of background threads.
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nall View Post
It's also worth noting it has a fix to the slowdown problem some users experienced, which was a weird combination between a bug in iOS's graphics driver and our scheduling of background threads.
Oh I thought that was from a memory leak. This is why I am a tester and not a programmer!
10-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Is it just me or is the sound much quieter in the cut scenes? I always have to crank it up for those and then bring it back down for the rest of the game.
10-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflin View Post
Is it just me or is the sound much quieter in the cut scenes? I always have to crank it up for those and then bring it back down for the rest of the game.
Same. It's about half as loud as normal game voices and sounds.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
10-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey everybody ! I just got the soundtrack I ordered from eBay today the people I ordered from is gamepodunks. It was $10 and is not a bootleg, it the real deal! It has 34 tracks.
Note: I have nothing to do with tis seller, I'm just a fan trying to spread this awesome soundtrack
10-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picohero View Post
Hey everybody ! I just got the soundtrack I ordered from eBay today the people I ordered from is gamepodunks. It was $10 and is not a bootleg, it the real deal! It has 34 tracks.
Note: I have nothing to do with tis seller, I'm just a fan trying to spread this awesome soundtrack
It's a pretty awesome soundtrack. IMHO.
10-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I keep rocking out to "a bit unfettered by the unknown." (overworld music after you hit a certain point) is there any chance we'll see eternal blue nall? I live this one so much!