★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-19-2012, 08:00 AM
#21
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,723
Waaaaaiiiit a minute... Not universal? Please tell me it is, and they just forgot to list it on the original post. Of course I don't expect an HD graphic makeover, just for things to fit properly on an iPad.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
09-19-2012, 08:04 AM
#22
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Waaaaaiiiit a minute... Not universal? Please tell me it is, and they just forgot to list it on the original post. Of course I don't expect an HD graphic makeover, just for things to fit properly on an iPad.
totally agree... was just thinking this. =o/

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)

09-19-2012, 08:32 AM
#23
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Waaaaaiiiit a minute... Not universal? Please tell me it is, and they just forgot to list it on the original post. Of course I don't expect an HD graphic makeover, just for things to fit properly on an iPad.
It's universal - see title.

All my threads mention universal binaries in the title. If it's not there, it's not universal. I usually mention if there's a lite version available, too.



Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
09-19-2012, 08:34 AM
#24
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 13,405
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
It's universal - see title.

All my threads mention universal binaries in the title. If it's not there, it's not universal. I usually mention if there's a lite version available, too.
phew. Thanks. =oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Bring Me Sandwiches, Phoenix HD, .Decluster Zero, Goblin Sword
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid (please say you're from TA)
09-19-2012, 08:40 AM
#25
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
It's universal - see title.

All my threads mention universal binaries in the title. If it's not there, it's not universal. I usually mention if there's a lite version available, too.

That was like "not seeing the forest because of all the trees"...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-19-2012, 08:59 AM
#26
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
That was like "not seeing the forest because of all the trees"...
Could've sworn I read the title several times... Maybe I need to get more sleep instead of playing Borderlands 2...

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
09-19-2012, 09:05 AM
#27
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 1,061
Not that it really matter but I remember reading somewhere that the Saturn Version had better graphics because it had the ability to produce more colors or something because it had a chip or something the PlayStation didn't have...
09-19-2012, 09:06 AM
#28
Is there a lite version?
09-19-2012, 09:14 AM
#29
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,253
I don't get how old games like this with "remastered" graphics from the Saturn are so huge in size. The original game was probably like 10 MB or something. And it clearly doesn't look like it's been upgraded that much.

Oh well, still will be interested to hear how the iOS version is.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw this listed under what this port offers:
- Nearly a full hour of animated cut scenes
- Remastered soundtrack with high quality music and voice tracks

That's probably the bulk of it.
09-19-2012, 09:19 AM
#30
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I don't get how old games like this with "remastered" graphics from the Saturn are so huge in size. The original game was probably like 10 MB or something. And it clearly doesn't look like it's been upgraded that much.

Oh well, still will be interested to hear how the iOS version is.
Well, maybe there's a reason for why it took them so long to realese this. Hoping they added alot of additional content or something...I dunno probly not

When it says remastered soundtrack I'm guessing they mean from the Sega cd ver to the Saturn. It would be cool however if they remastered it again..but again probly not...