• Publisher: Not Doppler
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 53.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.17
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Drive your way through a zombie apocalypse!

Are you ready to drive for your life? The hit online game that enjoyed OVER 150 MILLION PLAYS has been revamped and re-engineered for the App Store, bigger and better than ever before!

** Top 10 iPhone app in over 40 countries! **

THE BEST OF THE ACTION, DRIVING AND UPGRADE GENRES
You're stranded in a desert surrounded by zombies. With only a run-down car and a small amount of cash at your disposal, your mission soon becomes clear to drive through hordes of zombies in order to escape... alive!

Earn to Die sees you not only driving your way through hordes of zombies, but allows you to earn cash to upgrade, unlock and customise new vehicles. Is your vehicle not strong enough? Why not add a gun, or boosters, or even a spiked frame?

"An insane amount of fun ... never fails to bring a smile to my face" - 148Apps

"The more you play the better death machine you can build, and it is incredibly satisfying" - App All Knight

"Has you mowing down zombies like weeds." - AppAdvice

"It's a runner, except with cars. Also, it has zombies in it. Oh, and it's actually pretty cool." - Touch Arcade

"Youd have to be a zombie yourself not to enjoy jumping a schoolbus across a canyon" - Slide To Play

"We're serious, go download it now, it's oodles of mindless fun." - Pocket-lint

Key Features
A brand new and extended STORY MODE which sees you driving cross-country during a zombie apocalypse
8 VEHICLES at your disposal, including a race-car, a truck and even a school bus!
UPGRADES GALORE! Just unlocking a vehicle isn't enough, customise each vehicle with a range of upgrades
Zombiesssssssssssss... Plenty of zombies... Be sure to introduce them to your car's front bumper
A realistic ragdoll physics engine that allows you to crash into zombies and send them flying!
Awesome animated sequences
GAME CENTER support
CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS for the best time in Championship Mode
Survived the zombie apocalypse? Smash through pumpkins and unlock ACHIEVEMENTS in the brand new HALLOWEEN MODE
Optimized for Retina display and for the iPhone 5

ALSO AVAILABLE IN HD
A stunning HD version is also available for the iPad, with Retina support for the new iPad. iPad users can search Earn to Die HD on the App Store for the HD version.

With over 150 Million Plays to the original online version, be one of the first to download the extended, BIGGER and BETTER version for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.

Echoseven's comments:

HD Version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/earn-to-die-hd/id554941343

09-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Curious if the iPad version will be $4 as in the NZ store, seems like a dumb move to me.
09-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
Curious if the iPad version will be $4 as in the NZ store, seems like a dumb move to me.
I'm guessing that translates to $2.99.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

09-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Are there any achievements via Game Center for this game?
09-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
I remember playing the original Flash game, an I had a blast with. I will definitely think about picking this up.
09-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Bought the iPad version and it is awesome, really fun game.
09-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Wow is this addictive, I've just practically drained my battery from a full charge as its got that one more go factor.
Sure there's not much skill involved in going through the story mission/stages so far but it's so fun, slo-mo crashes. Explosions, zombies. Great stuff well worth 69p.
09-20-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Wow is this addictive, I've just practically drained my battery from a full charge as its got that one more go factor.
Sure there's not much skill involved in going through the story mission/stages so far but it's so fun, slo-mo crashes. Explosions, zombies. Great stuff well worth 69p.
100% agree. I was up till 2am playing it last might. Tired today! Really has that 'just one more go' factor
09-20-2012, 04:18 AM
But is there anything to it at all, except hold button - upgrade - hold button? Any skill factor or strategy at all to the driving portion of the game?
09-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
But is there anything to it at all, except hold button - upgrade - hold button? Any skill factor or strategy at all to the driving portion of the game?
Well you have to balance left and right not just hold go. You get what you see really.

Maybe they'll add in some IAP so you can complain about something else
09-20-2012, 04:27 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
well it looks like that it is hold button - upgrade - holde button etc
even if you dont press the accelerator button the car needs fuel ( which is kinda weird and would be better if you dont need fuel if you dont accelerate ) so the strategy seems to be on how to upgrade but it is still an awesome game that makes a lot of fun

Last edited by mattll; 09-20-2012 at 05:23 AM.