• Publisher: PilPil Studios
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 42.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: It's right around midnight. All is still around the farm. Suddenly the dog's baying at the moon turns into angry barking. Is it a tornado?.. But the forecast did not mention a thing!.. "What happened?.." "Wake up! Wake up, daddy! The barn is on fire!"
For a moment there's a dead silence. Then a terrible piercing noise commences. It's the sound of lasers shooting, destroying everything in sight.

Overview:

- The Red Dart Fighter is an easily accessible and highly enjoyable game that features warlike aliens and defending human planes fighting the attackers.
- Aliens are trying to destroy human edifices. You have to prevent them from eradicating the human race. Deter all the attacks before they destroy you!
- Use the tilt to control your biplane, trigger the machine gun and don't stop shooting!
- You can also employ such advanced weapons as bombs, missiles, mines and robots.
- And beware of the blinking aliens because crashing into them means you're dead!

Features:

- Addictive Game play.

The treacherous enemy is equipped with a multitude of advanced weapons and superior skills.

- Easy to control

The game features the smoothest plane control youve ever imagined! But be quick to wipe out the attackers! You'll will have to be precise in navigation to avoid mines and other deadly enemies,

- Weapons, power ups

Unleash mines, robot guns, plasma bombs, bombers, intelligent missiles and other weapons to destroy the enemy attacks.

- Awesome Music:

Aliens hate Bluegrass, so turn up the volume! We have an album full of songs especialy composed for this game that will blow up the alien brains and make you shake your hips!

- Unique art work:

Enjoy our handmade, finely detailed, beautifully crafted cartoon-style graphics and backgrounds.

Notes:

The game has 2 FREE full featured levels. You can unlock the rest from inside the game.

The app is tested for iPad 2 or later and iPhone 4 or later.

If you find a bug, or have comments and suggestions on how to improve the game, send an email to contact@reddartfighter.com

Thanks!

Echoseven's comments:

HD Version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/red-dart-fighter-hd/id536081250

09-19-2012, 12:28 PM
I'll be checking this out later on. Hope the controls are alright.

09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Hopefully this plays as good as it looks
09-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Very intrigued by this, and looking forward to impressions from those who play through the game.
09-20-2012, 01:37 AM
Your artwork is visually stunning - a hybrid of 8th grade doodling and Jean-Michel Basquiat! I love it!
09-20-2012, 08:06 PM
I almost passed this one over with all of the epic releases this week, and I'm glad I didn't. I haven't seen a 2D flying game this fun since MiniSquadron. They can't quite be compared though, as this is a totally different beast.

You fly a classic biplane in defense of your city (or farm, or whatever the map may be) against waves of invading alien caft. The aliens as bent on destroying earth, and will shoot wildly at your buildings.

Controls are entirely tilt, with button to hold to fire, and a special weapon. The tilt controls are tight, and with practice you'll have no trouble tracking faster targets. A minimap along the bottom shows the location of enemies, along with the health (outlined) of each building.

Graphics are a lighthearted pencil doodle style, with wonderful detail and character.

Missions are slightly varied. Primarily you'll be protecting buildings, but occasionally moving targets like blimps.

Enemies are also varied. Some examples include standard drones, faster ships, slower downward-firing ships, heavily armored and straight flying, motherships with regenerating escape pods, etc. Upon death, enemies drop green orbs which can be collected and spent on disposable special weapons.

The only IAP I've encountered so far is the $1.99 to unlock the full game. Green orbs drop freely, and I've never run out as long as I don't spam the most expensive attacks.

The one thing missing from this game would be either an upgrade/RPG system, or multiple types of planes with unique abilities.
09-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Awesome game, similar to Mini Squadron but with a totally different vibe to it. Will gladly buy the unlock! Thanks!