★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Antimatter (Upcoming Pangea Game)

11-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Antimatter (Upcoming Pangea Game)

Looks like Pangea has been working on a new app. http://pangeasoft.net/iphone/antimatter/index.html

Description from their website.

Antimatter is the ultimate arcade game for the iPhone and iPod Touch! You control a stream of antimatter particles and use it to affect the Cosmic Strings while collecting powerups and bonus points. This game is so unique that it is hard to describe, but the graphics are stunning, and the gameplay is very addictive.

Fans of our award winning game Enigmo will love Antimatter. It is another physics based game, but unlike Enigmo which was purly a puzzle game, Antimatter is a twitch arcade game with some puzzle elments in it. It is entirely original and unique, and it was designed from ground up for the iPhone OS platform.

Incredible graphics, audio, and gameplay make Antimatter one of the must-have apps for your iPhone!

Looks interesting. Here are some screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screeb 5.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	160   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	162  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 3.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen 2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	164  
11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Another soon-to-be-$.99-app? I like...

11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah just like Pangea does with all their apps. Start at $3.99/$4.99 and after 2 weeks it is $0.99
11-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Well if it is like all the other pangea apps, I would expect it to be very polished. I'm just wondering if there are levels that I can have saved like Enigmo, or if this is going to require a chunk of time every time I play like bugdom. I'm hoping it is more like Enigmo - I rarely have time these days to spend 30 minutes at a clip playing anything - and then if I don't complete it, I rarely care enough to want to start all over again and again...
11-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
Well if it is like all the other pangea apps, I would expect it to be very polished. I'm just wondering if there are levels that I can have saved like Enigmo, or if this is going to require a chunk of time every time I play like bugdom. I'm hoping it is more like Enigmo - I rarely have time these days to spend 30 minutes at a clip playing anything and then if I don't complete it, I rarely care enough to want to start all over again and again...
Well I assume it will be like Enigmo. After everybody complained about Bugdom they fixed it. I don't think they want to go through that again

Last edited by goblues11; 11-26-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Grammar
11-26-2008, 09:40 PM
They didn't really fix it. They added a few additional save places, but I still need to spend quite a bit of time before reaching one. Why can't they implement a system like the one that exists in 1112? I have 6 save spots that I can use at anytime and at any place in the game. So I can go back to an earlier save place if I want to try something different, or save my progress exactly where I am before choosing an option that could change the game. That's the best save implementation that I have seen in any ganme.
11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
They didn't really fix it. They added a few additional save places, but I still need to spend quite a bit of time before reaching one. Why can't they implement a system like the one that exists in 1112? I have 6 save spots that I can use at anytime and at any place in the game. So I can go back to an earlier save place if I want to try something different, or save my progress exactly where I am before choosing an option that could change the game. That's the best save implementation that I have seen in any ganme.
Yeah they could learn something from 1112
11-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Antimatter pricing

I asked Pangea about the price, and they tell me the price will be just 99 cents, and they're just waiting for Apple to approve the app so it should be out soon!

/Nik
11-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Looks awesome

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I loved Enigmo, so this should be another great one from Pangea. Other titles from them (cough, Billy Frontier, cough) were pitiful quality. But this one looks to be really good. Hope it shows up soon.