★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Jetpack Junkie - FREE

09-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Jetpack Junkie - FREE

Haven't played it yet, but it looks kinda interesting... =oP
09-19-2012, 01:44 PM
That was quick.. thanks

Game Center: sink_or_swim

09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow this is bad for the developer I guest the weren't making the sale... damn not even a week since release and it's FREE the way I LIKE IT!

All spelling mistakes are my own and may only be distributed under the GNU General Public License!
09-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Jetpack Junkie Free through Suday

Hello everyone,

Sales have been very good and as you can tell from our reviews, people around the world are loving the game.

Appreciate all the great responses from everyone. To celebrate our launch before all the press hits we wanted do something for the early birds.

Get it while you can for free this weekend only!

Thanks again,

Team RocketPop
09-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Sales are so good, you decided to make it free? Wut.
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Cool game, graphics could be a little better on my new ipad, but I dig the feel of the jetpack, and it is a solid endless runner.

Seems like the endless runners nowadays are getting better and better and most of them are turning into freemiums, not that this one is cause I got no clue. Just wonder if endless runners make more money being freemiums and all. Wonder why this genre is the main one for freemium converts.

But anyway, this game is fun, and while I'm not a huge endless runner fan, this one is fun, and thanks for letting me play!
09-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketPop Games View Post
Hello everyone,

Sales have been very good and as you can tell from our reviews, people around the world are loving the game.

Appreciate all the great responses from everyone. To celebrate our launch before all the press hits we wanted do something for the early birds.

Get it while you can for free this weekend only!

Thanks again,

Team RocketPop
That makes no sense. You are having good sales so you make it free? Why would that ever be a good thing? You'll only annoy the people who jumped on board early and bought it.
09-19-2012, 05:57 PM
This is free for a few hours now and there are still only 900 people on the gc leaderboards, I know that not everyone has a gc account but I don't think the sales were that good

Game Center: sink_or_swim
09-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Ouch.

DBC

I could never give up.
09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
That makes no sense. You are having good sales so you make it free? Why would that ever be a good thing? You'll only annoy the people who jumped on board early and bought it.
If the sale is only temporary, getting onto new devices now can be a great way to grab some publicity...throw in an update, maybe it'll end up on new and noteworthy or a staff pick.

Either way, when developers/publishers who DO have integrity do a day or couple "free" sale, it can be a net positive. There are probably 100 thousand games in the AppStore, and, If you check it out manually like me, you'll see that the rate at which new ones get added seems greater each week. Releasing a great game is a tiny part of getting sales; 90% of it is having people know your game even exists.

BTW, I think most frequent TA forum readers know that I'm not the most pro-developer (or pro-Apple, or pro-publisher...etc) member here, but, as long as the developer/publisher/Apple doesn't screw up my experience or anyone else's, I Really don't see the problem.