★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Can you survive the Deadstorm?

09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Can you survive the Deadstorm?

Deadstorm is a top down zombie shooter from blaQk Sheep LLC (www.blaqksheep.com).

How long can you survive the zombie apocalypse?

Deadstorm is an action packed top-down shooting game with killer visuals and soundtrack.

You're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse and have to blast your way through armies of the undead to survive.
Your death is inevitable, but you will be greatly rewarded for taking down as many zombies as you can.

SURVIVE
Virtual joysticks suck. In Deadstorm, simply tilt your device to move and dodge endless swarms of zombies. Tap in the direction you want to shoot and take out as many zombies as you can.
Random zombies will drop med packs for extra health or ammo crates to bump up your arsenal.

GUNS
To stay alive you will need some intense firepower. By equipping yourself with hollow Point bullets, Double Shots, Scatter Shots or the Flamethower, you'll eradicate anything that stands in your way.

GAME CENTER
Unlock Achievements to unlock higher Score Multipliers. Compete to be #1 on our global Leaderboard.

TWITTER
Post your scores and challenge your friends.

For troubleshooting tips, visit us at facebook.com/DeadstormGame

Supports iOS 5+
Devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th Gen.

Deadstorm (iOS only $0.99): Deadstorm in App Store
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
We're currently re-writing Deadstorm in Unity3D so that we can also deploy to Android power devices. Look for version 2.0 to include all that jazz. Version 1.1.1 is no slouch. You can pick that up here still for only $0.99.

Deadstorm App Store

blaQk Sheep | We Make Games

Games:
Deadstorm (iOS only)
Super Monster Match (iOS)
Apps:
Spendify (iOS only)

10-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Deadstorm Available for Free

Deadstorm is available for free. Get it on the App Store ASAP. Get Deadstorm on the App Store

Will it be on sale for a day, week, forever? The only way to know is to grab it ASA fricken' P.

Games:
Deadstorm (iOS only)
Apps:
Spendify (iOS only)
10-09-2012, 06:59 AM
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Anyone tried this? I'm always up for a TDS, but the lack of sticks + tilt to move concerns me...

Edit: Before anyone says "Try it, it's free." Yeah, I know it's free, but I've got so many games, and so little space...

DBC

I could never give up.

Last edited by Drummerboycroy; 10-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Anyone tried this? I'm always up for a TDS, but the lack of sticks + tilt to move concerns me...

Edit: Before anyone says "Try it, it's free." Yeah, I know it's free, but I've got so many games, and so little space...

DBC

Hey what's up... I totally see your concern. We wanted to keep the game easy to play and having the accelerometer tilt to control player works great since you have to be using fingers to tap and shoot. A D-Pad would be very distracting and would make for some crummy ergonomics We tried it and had not enough fingers to do the shooting. We thought about it when making the game and accelerometer was the best option.

Here is a quick game play video I made to show some gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfyGbKwf-k&feature=plcp

Games:
Deadstorm (iOS only)
Apps:
Spendify (iOS only)
10-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah not for me due to the tilt controls

I've got 2 folders full of top down dual stick shooters and dual sticks work fine, in my view far better than tilt.

If you see similar games to yours they're all dual sticks and they all work well.
10-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blot-blaqksheep View Post
Hey what's up... I totally see your concern. We wanted to keep the game easy to play and having the accelerometer tilt to control player works great since you have to be using fingers to tap and shoot. A D-Pad would be very distracting and would make for some crummy ergonomics We tried it and had not enough fingers to do the shooting. We thought about it when making the game and accelerometer was the best option.

Here is a quick game play video I made to show some gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfyGbKwf-k&feature=plcp
No worries. Not sure tilting and tapping is going to work for me, and was hoping for some feedback from other users. If people are liking it, I might check it out. Judging from the screens, that's going to be a lot of tapping!

If you get a minute, check out Bullet Time HD by Kiloo (a TDS/DSS). I'm currently recovering from a pretty healthy addiction to it, and was hoping for something similar...

DBC

I could never give up.
10-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I'll check it out thanks for the heads up.

Games:
Deadstorm (iOS only)
Apps:
Spendify (iOS only)