★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Nightspy ($0.99) - Simple Sniper Game

06-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Nightspy ($0.99) - Simple Sniper Game

I saw this on the New Games page a couple days ago and today I decided to TOFTT. The game is an interesting sniper game, with easy to use controls.
You slide your finger on the bottom of the screen to move your sights and timing your shot just right tap to fire. There are 5 different stages each taking place somewhere different and having more enemies.

Nightspy Link
-----
Night Spy is a noir, fast-paced game that requires cunning and speed to shoot down urban snipers and rural para-military that aim to free their leaders from jail. The “touch shooter” must ultimately kill all commando leaders before they escape through the five chapters of this classic, shoot-them-all action game.

It’s 1972, militia assassins are plotting to destabilize the government. Roger Night has been hired to stop them before they liberate their leaders from jail and follow through with their plan. It won’t be easy, as rain, nightfall, and skilled snipers will prevent him from accomplishing his mission.
Simple graphics, easy to use commands. Touch, slide, aim and tap to kill enemy parachuters, sniper, climbers, and commando leaders.

Tips:
Slide a finger on the grey panel at the bottom of the screen to control the gun-scope.

Tap on the same panel to shoot.

Don’t let snipers shoot you dead. Every time you get hit, player loses points.

A yellow panel overlay will alert player of killer snipers about to shoot back.

Prevent targets to reach their destination or player will lose points.

Kill only gray commandos in final chapter, don’t shoot civilians in black.

Lifeline will be restored after completing the five chapters.

Features:
Simple and funky noir graphics.
Multiple moving and static targets.
Unlimited game play (keep playing until player dies).
Game speed increases with each cycle.
Stores top scores locally.

Breathing screen and heartbeat sound speed up as player approaches death.

Screen shakes when shot at.
-----

For those who are unaware, noir is french for the color black and was also associated with (black and white) crime dramas.

Last edited by Seishu; 06-11-2009 at 12:22 PM.
06-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Seishu, You really didn't mention how good of a game it is, just its features mainly. So is it fun? Did you like it? Does it play like other sniper games that are already out? It looks different from other games, but what is your opinion?

Last edited by PureSkill; 06-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.
06-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah my bad, I've been preoccupied with Fallout 3

I like it, especially since it doesn't use the accelerometer. The touch controls work well though I wish you could fire as you were moving the reticule. It is also challenging once there are more and more parachuters plus you have to take out any snipers before they shoot you. The graphics are nice too, and you can't tell from the screenshots that there is a neat film noir effect that makes it look like old film. Also once you get hit a lot your heart rate goes up and grows louder.

06-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Yeah my bad, I've been preoccupied with Fallout 3

I like it, especially since it doesn't use the accelerometer. The touch controls work well though I wish you could fire as you were moving the reticule. It is also challenging once there are more and more parachuters plus you have to take out any snipers before they shoot you. The graphics are nice too, and you can't tell from the screenshots that there is a neat film noir effect that makes it look like old film. Also once you get hit a lot your heart rate goes up and grows louder.
Seems cool, looks like it is different from the other sniper games. Thanks for TOFTT-ing.
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
The graphics do look cool, but I don't know how well that translates to the sniper theme. Ah whatever, I'll prolly pick this up soon anyway
06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
Seems cool, looks like it is different from the other sniper games. Thanks for TOFTT-ing.
It's no problem at all, plus sometimes I find a nice hidden gem like this.