★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New ipad game pad?

09-20-2012, 11:47 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 22
New ipad game pad?

Hi,

I updated to IOS6 yesterday on the new ipad and there is now support for a gamepad on Asphalt 7, anyone know what's going on? Is there finally a controller on the horizon for the ipad?

09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
What?!?!?

09-20-2012, 12:13 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 284
if thats an support screeny for a "offical" apple-joypad with 2 analog thumbsticks, i'm gonna pee in my pants immediately... if it's fake: then i'm gonna get you!
09-20-2012, 12:18 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janni View Post
if thats an support screeny for a "offical" apple-joypad with 2 analog thumbsticks, i'm gonna pee in my pants immediately... if it's fake: then i'm gonna get you!
Lol, I can asure you it's not fake.

I have twittered gameloft, asked the same question on their forum, googled it to death but nothing!!!

Look at asphelts 7 on the App Store, I'm sure it states there it supports duo gamepad at the bottom.

Last edited by gfunk2k; 09-20-2012 at 12:24 PM.
09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
#5
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 284
well, after some googeling, i'm off to get some fresh pants... there's even a forbes article about "apple patents dual-stick-style game controller"

merry christmas everyone...
09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Wow. If this is true we will see amazing things. Wild blood just begs for a controller...
09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
#7
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
Omfg!! Modern Combat series would be amazing with controller! CoD on iPod!!!
09-20-2012, 12:58 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Omfg!! Modern Combat series would be amazing with controller! CoD on iPod!!!
Meh. I can't play shooters with a controller, it's just awful. PC>touch>controller. But hack n slash and beat me ups and racers would be great!
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
#9
Joined: May 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Meh. I can't play shooters with a controller, it's just awful. PC>touch>controller. But hack n slash and beat me ups and racers would be great!
lol same but I kinda meant that people would take iOS gaming more seriously. I can't aim with a controller but the buttons are easier on it
09-20-2012, 01:19 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Omfg!! Modern Combat series would be amazing with controller! CoD on iPod!!!
Facepalm.