Support our Sponsors:

Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
sorry to bother, but are there any more codes available? I love TD games, but i have been burned before.
The promo code has been sent.Good luck!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Looks fun! I'm a huge TD fan and have played them all. If you have any promo codes left I'd appreciate one a lot.

If I enjoy the game I will make sure to come back and rave about it here, and give it a great review on the App Store.

Best of luck with the game either way!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM

-Bugs TD review-

Bugs TD is a great tower defense game with a lot of upgrades and enemies that gives you a classic TD feel with a good amount of new elements to the genre. You have energy, which is used to build towers (bugs) and upgrade them.
You also have abilities you can use to kill invaders, such as bombs or tornadoes which you can upgrade using essence, which is obtained by winning levels. You use this essence to upgrade your towers, skills, and actually you need to use it to unlock your towers level, ie in order to have a mantis to be upgraded in game, you need to have unlocked it with essence up to level 6.
Just when it was getting repetitive, they had two different map modes: Circle and Skill. Circle is when the enemies come out and circle the field, and if too many are out at once you loose. Skill mode is you only use skills to kill the creeps, no towers.
Overall a great TD game, definitely worth trying. However, I feel the price is a bit high but nonetheless a great tower defense.

4.5/5

*Pros*
-Gamecenter achievements!
-A Lot of upgrades
-IAP not necessary at all
-Variety of towers and enemies
-Skills and map modes keep entertaining
-Graphics
-Bugs killing more bugs

*Cons*
-Can only use 4 tower types in a map..
-To restart a level (after dying or manually) you have to sit through a load screen and re-pick all of your skills and towers
-lots of loading screens
-Cannot listen to ipod music in game

*Suggestions*
-Add the upgrade button on the main menu, or somewhere that isn't only during a map
-Add a real pause button. I keep looking for a ll button during emergencies when the pause is the settings icon.
-Let me use more than 4 towers in a map!

Good game, I will definitely play it a while, until I get all the achievements

FrOzEnSoLiD
-side note, it would not let me review in itunes. Had the same problem with another game that I got a promo code for. Thanks again!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.j View Post
The promo code has been sent.Good luck!
Thank you very much Andy. i will play, and leave a review on itunes.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 PM

played a few levels so far, and i'm really enjoying it. there seems to be a good number of skills available and i like that. graphics are simple and clean. i'm diggin the insect theme. good work.

edit: i just tried to leave a review on itunes, but it would not let me. it kept saying that i needed to download the game first, which i already did. I will try again tomorrow. thanks again.

Last edited by bizzy511; 10-09-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
played a few levels so far, and i'm really enjoying it. there seems to be a good number of skills available and i like that. graphics are simple and clean. i'm diggin the insect theme. good work.

edit: i just tried to leave a review on itunes, but it would not let me. it kept saying that i needed to download the game first, which i already did. I will try again tomorrow. thanks again.
Thanks you like the game and I am very glad you share your feelings with us.The graphics is one of the spotlight.Which chapter had you passed?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 AM

Quote:

Oh, I fogot that download with the promo code could't leave a review on itunes, thank you, you can share your experience in the forum.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
-Bugs TD review-

Bugs TD is a great tower defense game with a lot of upgrades and enemies that gives you a classic TD feel with a good amount of new elements to the genre. You have energy, which is used to build towers (bugs) and upgrade them.
You also have abilities you can use to kill invaders, such as bombs or tornadoes which you can upgrade using essence, which is obtained by winning levels. You use this essence to upgrade your towers, skills, and actually you need to use it to unlock your towers level, ie in order to have a mantis to be upgraded in game, you need to have unlocked it with essence up to level 6.
Just when it was getting repetitive, they had two different map modes: Circle and Skill. Circle is when the enemies come out and circle the field, and if too many are out at once you loose. Skill mode is you only use skills to kill the creeps, no towers.
Overall a great TD game, definitely worth trying. However, I feel the price is a bit high but nonetheless a great tower defense.

4.5/5

*Pros*
-Gamecenter achievements!
-A Lot of upgrades
-IAP not necessary at all
-Variety of towers and enemies
-Skills and map modes keep entertaining
-Graphics
-Bugs killing more bugs

*Cons*
-Can only use 4 tower types in a map..
-To restart a level (after dying or manually) you have to sit through a load screen and re-pick all of your skills and towers
-lots of loading screens
-Cannot listen to ipod music in game

*Suggestions*
-Add the upgrade button on the main menu, or somewhere that isn't only during a map
-Add a real pause button. I keep looking for a ll button during emergencies when the pause is the settings icon.
-Let me use more than 4 towers in a map!

Good game, I will definitely play it a while, until I get all the achievements

FrOzEnSoLiD
-side note, it would not let me review in itunes. Had the same problem with another game that I got a promo code for. Thanks again!
Thank you for your appreciate.We are so happy that you make so many suggestions to us.
Come on,open more maps and make more challenge! Could you share with us which chapter you have passed?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.j View Post
Thank you for your appreciate.We are so happy that you make so many suggestions to us.
Come on,open more maps and make more challenge! Could you share with us which chapter you have passed?
I just passed 2-4, an I hope there are plenty more maps in the champaign to play. I really like it that you can replay a level to try and get more stars, however it looks like there is only goin to few a few more maps but we will see.

Question about the medals: is there enough points to get all 12? I just hit 350 and i dont wanna spend it carelessly if i cant get all 12.. Also the explination on what they do is hard o uderstand. For example: Energy "when thesacred tree enhances the absorption of energy, 1 more point of energy can be produced if the enemy is dead". Does this mean you get one point extra for each kill?

Like i said before: i think more slots for towers would be better. I just unlocked spider tower and i kept losing the level because it isnt a very good tower and i wanted to try it out. When i replaced him with a different tower i won so if there were more slots i would use it otherwise i probably wont.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
I just passed 2-4, an I hope there are plenty more maps in the champaign to play. I really like it that you can replay a level to try and get more stars, however it looks like there is only goin to few a few more maps but we will see.

Question about the medals: is there enough points to get all 12? I just hit 350 and i dont wanna spend it carelessly if i cant get all 12.. Also the explination on what they do is hard o uderstand. For example: Energy "when thesacred tree enhances the absorption of energy, 1 more point of energy can be produced if the enemy is dead". Does this mean you get one point extra for each kill?

Like i said before: i think more slots for towers would be better. I just unlocked spider tower and i kept losing the level because it isnt a very good tower and i wanted to try it out. When i replaced him with a different tower i won so if there were more slots i would use it otherwise i probably wont.
The set of replay a level to try and get more stars intend to inspire the players to challenge
themselves, when you overcome one chapter then you can open a new map,the 6 chapter have totally different map style.
In the version of 1.0.2, the players can't get all 12 medals, you will achievement 8 at most,but we will make progress in the future version and we can expect it together.What
you understand about the extra energy is right,1 extra point of energy can be produced if the enemy is dead.
Thanks to the space of screen is limited,so there are only four slots for towers at the moment.
Thank you!