★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Osmos and Osmos for iPad - NOW ONLY 0.69/$0.99!!!

09-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Osmos and Osmos for iPad - NOW ONLY 0.69/$0.99!!!

One of the BEST chilled out games on iOS!

AND

09-21-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah, really fun games, try playing it on your iphone vs a friend on your ipad bluetooth, it is a lot of fun. Ipad version though is a ton better than the iphone version. Very highly recommended!

09-21-2012, 04:38 AM
It might not look like much from the screen shots, but this is one of the truly outstanding original games on the iOS. Not often on sale, either.
09-21-2012, 06:45 AM
One of the first games I loaded onto an iDevice, and likely one of the last to leave.

iPhone version is great, iPad even better.

It really is a unique, chilled out experience, while also being a game, thus challenging as well...

You should get it!

DBC

I could never give up.
09-21-2012, 10:26 AM
What's the main difference between the iPhone vs iPad version aside from the obvious larger screen size? Would playing the iPhone version on the iPad be about the same?

I usually prefer iPhone versions usually cause I take my iPod touch everywhere...

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
09-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
What's the main difference between the iPhone vs iPad version aside from the obvious larger screen size? Would playing the iPhone version on the iPad be about the same?

I usually prefer iPhone versions usually cause I take my iPod touch everywhere...
I loaded up the iphone version on my ipad, and while remarkably good for an 2x game, it just doesn't compare to the ipad version. Mainly it's the added real estate, but since it is new ipad retina, the screen is just so much better looking than iphone retina.

The gameplay feels a lot different. Since this is an arena game, it makes a big difference in having the extra space, and it does make controls easier. When it was on my iphone, I didn't play all that much, but now that it's on my ipad, I play it more frequently.

Also, since I play mostly with a stylus (this game is perfect for it), it makes playing on the ipad much more pleasurable.

Since you have both an ipad and iphone I think, I would probably recommend the hd one, but another good feature is the bluetooth multiplayer, so you can play with your friend by giving them your ipad or iphone, and playing them with your other ios device.

Heck since they are both 99 cents, you might as well buy both. But if I had to choose, I would definitely pick the ipad version over the iphone version, this game really plays so much better on an ipad. With a small screen, while the game itself is about the same, controlling is hard because of the precise pressing that is required. In the ipad, it seems so natural to move, on the iphone, it just seems a little clunkier.
09-21-2012, 09:14 PM
What's the installed size? Hoping it's under 50mb or so.

Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
09-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfong View Post
What's the installed size? Hoping it's under 50mb or so.
Sd 28 mb
Hd 31 md

Both very small which helps alot.
09-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Sd 28 mb
Hd 31 md

Both very small which helps alot.
Thanks! I'm going to be picking this one up, then.

Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
09-22-2012, 01:37 AM
You guys sold me! Bought.

GC:JeffJu1ce