★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: FaceFighter -- .99

06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
FaceFighter -- .99

Our new game FaceFighter is now available.

FaceFighter is a first-person fighting game from the creator of Ready-2-Rumble Boxing. It is a fast-paced, cartoonish, and frantic experience that is easy to pick-up and play. You can also import photos to create custom opponents.

There's more info, plus a video, at our FaceFighter website. We're also doing FaceFighter features at our blog, including yesterday's entry where we beat the crap out of Dr. Phil.

Like many good games, FaceFighter is battling the relentless churn of the iTunes Store. We've punched our way onto the Top 100 in the Arcade & Action Categories in the U.S. and several international stores, and we're fighting hard to climb the ranks. Check us out -- If you like what you see, please consider spending a buck on FaceFighter and leaving us a review!

Get FaceFighter on iTunes HERE.

Thanks, from Appy Entertainment!

Paul O'Connor
Appy Entertainment
dev blog: http://www.appygamesblog.com/
twitter: @Appy
06-11-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm reminded of PunkJustice. Hopefully this isn't a rip-off, or I'll will me angry *punches palm* And you won't like me when I'm angry.

06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
looks like it could be a riot...anyone play this yet??
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I'm reminded of PunkJustice. Hopefully this isn't a rip-off, or I'll will me angry *punches palm* And you won't like me when I'm angry.
I think that only things it has in common with Punk Justice is that it's a fighting game and it is first person. This seems to mix things up a bit by letting you use any picture you want as the persons face. Here is a video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

I might pick this up since it's only $0.99.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
06-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I will TOFTT, the game looks hilarious.
Impressions soon.

06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Impressons

I lol'd.

Sums up the game pretty well.
Not only is it actually a fun (and can be challenging) fighting game, but you can make all kinds of opponents. Beat the crap out of your neighbor, a coworker, or even Adolf Hitler (my personal preference). Making enemies is super easy too, unlike another customizable fighting game, all you do is select a picture then zoom and drag it around until it's lined up. Then you're all set.

If you're in need of some stress relief there is an 'Appy Slappy' mode where you can kick and punch all you want (or even beat them with a wrench) without them fighting back. If you're looking for a challenge there are three difficulty modes for the AI (easy, medium, and hard of course).

Another thing which makes it all the more fun is the use of punch/kick combos. You can tap the right punch button twice to karate chop, tap the kick button three times to round house 'em, or go for left right left to slap them. I'm sure there are plenty more that I haven't even tried yet too.

Overall it's very fun, easy to use, and best of all only a dollar.

EDIT: Also when you win a rock will appear in one of the buttons. Tap it and your defeated opponent screams as they are crushed by some random boulder. Then it says 'Immortal Judgement'

Last edited by Seishu; 06-11-2009 at 05:18 PM.
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
nice looking game. These guys have talent
Facefighter is not for me but I hope they release something more substantial for the next game.
06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
It is really fun. It looks and plays great. The editor is a breeze to use and really adds to the fun. You basically have unlimited characters.

There's no story mode or anything, but who cares? Make up your own.
06-11-2009, 10:03 PM
but is it an actual game where it gets harder as you progress?

The video makes it look like a novelty punching bad simulator that I would get tired of in about 15 minuted.
06-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99c_gamer View Post
but is it an actual game where it gets harder as you progress?

The video makes it look like a novelty punching bad simulator that I would get tired of in about 15 minuted.
I wouldn't consider it a full out game such as Punk Justice, though you can play on three difficulty levels. Plus there are highscores you can try to beat. The real addictive part is making people to beat up.