★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Beach Ball Burst - The Game Where Tapping Is Key!

GAME FEATURES:
- Innovative New Gameplay
- 5 Amazing Spike Ball Dodging Levels
- Never Ending Levels. How Long Can You Survive?
- Innovative Touch Controls
- Compare Scores With Friends Using Game Center Leaderboards
- High Resolution Retina Images
- iPhone 5 Support (No Black Bars!!)
- iOS 6 Support

HOW TO PLAY:
All you have to do is make sure the beach ball does not burst. A beach ball will burst if it hits a spike ball. Sounds simple? Well it's harder than it sounds.

CONTROLS:
-Tap the beach ball to move it.
-Aim for the edge of the beach ball.
-Tap the bottom half of the ball to go up.
-Tap the top half of the ball to go down.
-Tap the right half of the ball to go left.
-Tap the left half of the ball to go right.
-The faster you tap the ball = the faster the ball goes.
* Accurate tapping is required.

BeachBallGames's comments:
This app is currently on sale of $0.99. Check out this thread for more details. Click here to go to the thread.

09-21-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to be honest here, for your sake.

No one is going to spend 1.99 on your game. Asphalt 7 is .99. I urge you to reconsider your price point if it is your intention to make any money from your game.

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!

09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks For The Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to be honest here, for your sake.

No one is going to spend 1.99 on your game. Asphalt 7 is .99. I urge you to reconsider your price point if it is your intention to make any money from your game.
Greyskull I thank you for replying to this post. I am new to the app store, and just trying to see if there is an interest in my game. I am probably going to do some 99 cent fire sales in the next few months. Just like you said. Maybe even making my app free to increase interest. It's really hard to stand out when there is over 700,00 apps in the Appstore. But I thank you for helping me here. The truth is always better than lying.
09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I plan to update the app as I get more downloads. Some planned features are:

-more levels
-different types of spike balls
-different types of beach balls.
-and many more things but I need downloads.
09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Bumping your own thread with 'come on people' doesnt help either

As Greyskull said the price is way too high, 99c or free would be better. Do your research/homework and see what 'similar' apps go for.

A lite version or youtube video to show how it plays is essential. Yes its just 1.99 but in iOS terms 1.99 is the next pricing tier which seems too high for this. You must be able to tell 1.99 isnt working due to sales/begging in threads
09-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately the people who posted above me are 100% correct.

Whether it's right or not, people will not spend $1.99 on a game like yours. There are thousands of free games that offer similar experiences that yours offers so there really is no incentive.

I am a hardcore gamer so I have no issues spending $60 on console games, and I think it's a tough platform to develop for when you need to basically price your game at $0.99 or get no downloads.

What you need to realize is that there are games like Asphalt 7, which can be bought for cheaper than your game, or games like Horn and Street Fighter X Tekken which only cost $1 more than your game, yet offer WAY WAY more for that dollar.

Also as stated above, begging for posts in your own thread is really going to turn people off. If they are interested in your game they will post.

A suggestion might be to give away a few promo codes to people here and let them try the game for free, and if they have good things to say about it, it could entice people to download the game. I would really suggest dropping the price to $0.99 immediately though!
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Here's another example.

This game is FREE!!

Regardless of gameplay, checkout the graphics (which is what most casual gamers care most about) and tell me if they saw your game side by side with this game which do you think they would download first even if they were both the same price? That being said, this game is free and your's isn't!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=151507
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Beach Ball Burst Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted247 View Post
Unfortunately the people who posted above me are 100% correct.

Whether it's right or not, people will not spend $1.99 on a game like yours. There are thousands of free games that offer similar experiences that yours offers so there really is no incentive.

I am a hardcore gamer so I have no issues spending $60 on console games, and I think it's a tough platform to develop for when you need to basically price your game at $0.99 or get no downloads.

What you need to realize is that there are games like Asphalt 7, which can be bought for cheaper than your game, or games like Horn and Street Fighter X Tekken which only cost $1 more than your game, yet offer WAY WAY more for that dollar.

Also as stated above, begging for posts in your own thread is really going to turn people off. If they are interested in your game they will post.

A suggestion might be to give away a few promo codes to people here and let them try the game for free, and if they have good things to say about it, it could entice people to download the game. I would really suggest dropping the price to $0.99 immediately though!
Thanks for the advice. I have put some thought into this pricing issue and have decided to keep my app at $1.99. However I am going hold a sale of my app at $0.99 starting on Sept. 28th. This sale will only last the weekend. So check back on this thread for more details about the sale.

Also, thanks for the help!

BeachBallGames

P.S. I am also a hardcore gamer and the idea of price on the app store is different, how a $1.99 app is considered a premium. A regular coffee is only about $2.00 and you only use it once. You have the coffee and go, unlike an app, which you can use multiple times.
09-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Weekend sale

Ok guys, I have started the weekend sale for Beach Ball Burst!. You can find all the details on this new thread I made. Just Click Here

Thanks for the support,

Beach Ball Games
09-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBallGames View Post
Ok guys, I have started the weekend sale for Beach Ball Burst!. You can find all the details on this new thread I made. Just Click Here

Thanks for the support,

Beach Ball Games
Sorry but I forgot to add this. The sale lasts just the weekend so buy now!