★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sally's Spa

06-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Sally's Spa

This game is #1 in the iTunes app store? What does this tell us about the iPhone gaming market?

That being said, how many guys have purchased this game?

I am in disbelief that a game called "Sally's Spa" has become to popular, regardless of its game play.
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM
lol. oh sally baby, i would like to upgrade from massage....

06-11-2009, 04:18 PM
sally's spa is a pretty damn good TM game. better than sally's salon which was fun as well.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
jchampl's man card just got DENIED.

/sarcasm
06-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
This game is #1 in the iTunes app store? What does this tell us about the iPhone gaming market?

I am in disbelief that a game called "Sally's Spa" has become to popular, regardless of its game play.
I have it and I'm a man. I am in disbelief that there are so many men that think they will become gay/switch gender/die because they play/own/touch a game that some f*cked up social "rules" define as a feminine game.

To all macho men out there (N.B NOT directed to anyone specific here or elsewhere): get a grip, your sexual insecurity is embarrassing.

Last edited by Liljeberg; 06-11-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
06-11-2009, 04:41 PM
This's a question of a day! HOW!?=)
06-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Quote:

If it was called Blood Bath Sally, would that be mannnlyyy enough for you? It's a pretty good game regardless of its name.
06-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
If it was called Blood Bath Sally, would that be mannnlyyy enough for you? It's a pretty good game regardless of its name.
I work in a testosterone driven industry where no one would ever get caught playing "Sally's Spa."

More than this, I am just surprised about the fact this game is #1. I mean it seems targeted towards females? Are women more likely to play games on a handheld portable than a console? I just think this says a lot about the market for iPhone games and other portable devices. This isnt about me, I am just curious what others think, especially considering that most of the TA community appears to be male.
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
I mean it seems targeted towards females? Are women more likely to play games on a handheld portable than a console?
What makes it seem targeted towards females? Because the lead character is a female? How can that say anything about the target audience? Because it uses a brighter color scheme than Doom? I like bright colors in games, it makes game play easier and more fun.

Everything that makes people think it is targeted towards females is in their heads! Clear your minds of prejudice and social rules and just play the freaking game!

When is the world going to realize pink doesn't mean girls and blue doesn't mean boys, cars doesn't equal boys, dolls doesn't equal girls and so on?
06-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDubby94 View Post
jchampl's man card just got DENIED.
haha

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*