★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: HandyGames
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 21.5 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Be the HERO and rescue cute little doggy babies from their prisons!

***** Super cute game for boys and girls!
***** Fun and frustration-free puzzle gameplay!

Where are the puppies? Embark on a unique puzzle adventure to Save the Puppies from the grip of the mean dogcatcher!

- Puzzle your way through colorful labyrinths!
- Overcome obstacles to free the adorable puppies!
- Make clever use of objects to rescue your tiny friends!
- Find all hidden gold bones for bonus points!

ALL THE PUPPIES in your neighborhood have been abducted by the evil dogcatcher! YOU play the brave wiener dog on a mission to free all your little friends from captivity! Face grumpy dogs, feisty kittens and other obstacles on your epic puzzle journey!

Features:
- FREE TO PLAY
- 150 exiting levels
- Addictive puzzle adventure with pets
- Sweet and funny animal cartoon graphics
- Great for kids and adults alike
- Unlimited undo function
- Zoom function for perfect overview
- Unlockable solutions for all levels
- Game Controller support

You can play Save the Puppies entirely for FREE, though various items are available via in-app purchase. If you dont want to use in-app purchases, please deactivate them in your device settings

Thank you for playing Save the Puppies! Check news and give feedback on:
http://www.facebook.com/handygames
http://www.handy-games.com

Snozberry's comments:

YouTube: video
09-23-2012, 02:30 AM
This is actually a really good game.
There's a free version, puzzle fans should check it out.
It's quite annoying it's only available for iOS 5 and above though.

Basically you're a sausage dog, who loves sausages. When you eat a sausage your body length increases by 1 square. You then have to navigate around the grid eating sausages, saving the puppies trapped in cages, standing on big dogs tails to make them wake up and move, scaring cats to move to certain areas to trigger switches and whatnot. You can't walk over your own body, so you have to navigate carefully. (there is an undo button at least, which causes no penalty) sometimes you have to use your own body as a bridge, for instance if you are on a hill and there is a gap so you can't progress, you can loop yourself around the gap and walk over your own back, that's one of my favorite quirks of this game. It's so brilliantly innovative. The graphics are adorable and hilarious. The gameplay is immaculate, 100 levels with progressing difficulty and new objects added to spice up the gameplay. The free version even let's you play as much as you want basically, though there is a step limit.
My only gripe is it's iOS 5 exclusive. Such a shame because everyone should be able to enjoy this masterpiece. I hope the devs see this and add support for iOS4 atleast! As iOS 4 is the most common software on currently used apple devices in the world!

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave

Last edited by Snozberry; 09-23-2012 at 03:15 AM.

09-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Downloaded the Lite version and its very good, nice find Snozberry
09-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks frostie
You tend to have an amazing taste in games, I've noticed.
I can't believe it hasn't blown up the charts. But I've noticed the iOS world isn't too fond of puzzle games that require real logic and not just physics..
It's a shame that some day puzzle games will probably die out because people rather mindless flinging.
Even I am starting to not play puzzle games as much, and play arcade games instead since my mind has been clouded lately and there haven't been many good puzzle releases for a while.
I absolutely love this game though, truly one of a kind.
Hope it blows up soon.. The more updates it gets, the more chance it has of being featured on apples front page..
So if devs are reading this, Get updating! (ios4 first please )

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
10-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Argk stuck on level 55 (can't 3 star it)

Anyone successful?

10-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Appspy.com rated it 4/5 stars

Last edited by Snozberry; 10-05-2012 at 06:53 AM.
10-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Almost 3 starred every level. Still flabbergasted it isn't getting the attention it deserves. This is truly in tie with my favorite iOS game of all time, Grooh. Which also didn't get the attention it deserves. Sadly AppStore success is about marketing over quality these days.depressing.

10-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snozberry View Post
Almost 3 starred every level. Still flabbergasted it isn't getting the attention it deserves. This is truly in tie with my favorite iOS game of all time, Grooh. Which also didn't get the attention it deserves. Sadly AppStore success is about marketing over quality these days.depressing.
I am enjoying the game too, so I bought the premium version, and started over. Lots of puzzley fun.
10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
I am enjoying the game too, so I bought the premium version, and started over. Lots of puzzley fun.
Yes same.. Glad I'm not the only one.l this game is like crack to me.. I literally played it all night until about 6am one day and e only thing that stopped me was my battery dying!
Have you finished the game? There's a hellova lot of levels.. I'm working my way through getting 3 stars/least steps. Have put a fair few hours into it.

10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Wow, so few posts here, weird.

It's a decent game, I'd expect it to be getting a whole lot more loving from the puzzle fans here at least.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.