★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Quantum Collapse - Skirmish mode thread

06-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Quantum Collapse - Skirmish mode thread

Well i started working on skirmish.

But i wanted to get some feedback from you guys to make sure i code what you are expecting.

Here are the Skirmish options i'm thinking of

AI Strategy: (Turtler, rusher, balanced, random)
AI Difficulty: (easy, medium, hard)
Map Size: (small, medium, large)
AI Spell: (none,random,singularity, tranquility, rain of fire, dispell, power drain)

You unlock maps as you clear campaign missions. So you don't get to have many skirmish options at first. This is totally optional though, i don't HAVE to do this.

Also i'm thinking skirmish will be 1v1 until the multiplayer update.

Anything else or does this cover what you guys expect from skirmish?.
06-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Sounds excellent to me!!!

06-11-2009, 04:50 PM
i think that pretty much covers it for me. Are there differant races or factions you can be because being able to choose which faction you play with would be good.

MY LIFE=Xbox Live(dcgballa23)+Apps+sports.
06-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDavalos View Post
Well i started working on skirmish.

But i wanted to get some feedback from you guys to make sure i code what you are expecting.

Here are the Skirmish options i'm thinking of

AI Strategy: (Turtler, rusher, balanced, random)
AI Difficulty: (easy, medium, hard)
Map Size: (small, medium, large)
AI Spell: (none,random,singularity, tranquility, rain of fire, dispell, power drain)

You unlock maps as you clear campaign missions. So you don't get to have many skirmish options at first. This is totally optional though, i don't HAVE to do this.

Also i'm thinking skirmish will be 1v1 until the multiplayer update.

Anything else or does this cover what you guys expect from skirmish?.
Please do more than 1v1 for skirmish, unless it is a lot more work to do so. It'd be nice to have a few players on the map, maybe even with an option to set up teams.
06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
i think there should be at least 1 or 2 maps to play skirmish without playing campaign because i would like to try it out right away and see all the features. Just my opinion. Also im happy to see that this game is coming along well. Good luck.
06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yournothere View Post
i think there should be at least 1 or 2 maps to play skirmish without playing campaign because i would like to try it out right away and see all the features. Just my opinion. Also im happy to see that this game is coming along well. Good luck.
Sounds reasonable i can do that.
06-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Your're becoming on of my favorite developers. Your skirmish plan sounds really good. Man I can't wait! Is there a way to generate random maps? I kind of doubt it, but I'm just curious.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
06-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Quote:
I'm glad you're acually putting a lot of effort in this game! Not many developers do. Once this game comes out, I will buy it right away. What I love about rts games is that you can command and control, 2D/3D graphics, etc. Multiplayer would be really nice. Some ideas would be teams (for skimmish/online). Would be nice if you could acually create your own spells (like iShoot with weapons). Would be nice if you could upgrade your soldiers + vehicles like Tom Clancy's Endwar.

-Multiplayer ideas- Teams (maybe 2-6..? players), friends/block list, ranks to tell how good you are, chatting (also in-game rooms),

-Nessassary- Buildings you could acually have as camps like in a small city. Maybe add 10 men to shoot in it.

-GREAT IMPROVEMENT (sells for this idea)- Able to control a person (3rd person or 1st person view) and shoot!!! (this will probably take a long time..) if you need help with the controls. I can help a lot (I play fps games a lot)

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
06-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Javier, I have a quick question. Are you going to add a level editor? That would blow every RTS out of the water! I can't for this to come out! Instant Buy!
06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Would 'use map setting' kind of special map like in starcraft possible to make? just asking :P