★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Alien Invaders (from stormBASIC)

06-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Alien Invaders (from stormBASIC)

Alien Invaders

Quote:
The Earth is under attack.
As the last hope of the planet, you have to destroy the Alien fleet.
Prepare yourself for a Classic Style game now in your iPhone!

GAME FEATURES (1.1.1):
- You can improve your robot weapons with the shop between levels!
- A new look for classic shoot'em up.
- 3D graphics.
- Online Scores.
- 20 Levels.
- 3 Difficulty levels.
- 2 Control modes:
Accelerometer/VirtualPad.
- Autosave feature.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

Last edited by salsamd; 06-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.
06-12-2009, 01:14 AM
I TOFTT, and am enjoying it this far. However the only downside is the limited number of levels. The game is pretty polished though and has nice graphics. There is also a neat little intro movie showing aliens attacking Earth and then you fly up and take one down, only to be faced with a whole fleet. Accelerometer controls work the best since the touch buttons are pretty small. Shooting is done by tapping the bottom of the screen, and the number of shots fired can be upgraded. In between each level you can spend cash you pick up on shields, better armor, a better weapon, or speed.

Overall the game is fun, but a bit short. I just finished it on easy, though something tells me I should play again on medium or hard. It has addictive qualities, majorly how simple it is. I love simplicity in games and it makes them all the more enjoyable.

06-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Right now I'm trying to beat it on medium difficulty, and it's a bit more of a challenge. If only they would add some kind of endless or survival mode. The game is still very fun at it's current number of levels, and a steal at only $0.99.

Perhaps someone could make a video?

06-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Hmmm... weird that stormBASIC would not tell us about this in an upcoming thread or something. They're usually pretty active here on letting us know all the info. Looks good, will wait for some more impressions before the plunge.
06-12-2009, 08:46 AM
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319057062&mt=8

I might get this only because 7 Days was so great. Graphics in this one look pretty good too. I need a video too. Also, there's more than one screenshot in the app description.
06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll get it when I beat the mutation storyline, I'm on the 6th mission.

Playing: N.O.V.A., NFS:S, CoD:Z, CoI:WoL, TTR3 (so many abbreviations!)
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Looks a bit questionable imo.
The graphics look good, but the gameplay/what you do in the game is what makes m wonder about this app.
06-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Looks a bit questionable imo.
The graphics look good, but the gameplay/what you do in the game is what makes m wonder about this app.
It's an arcade shooter, you move left and right avoiding alien fire and shooting back. It reminds me a lot of the days I sat bored in math class, playing Phoenix on my TI-84 Platinum. At the end of each level you can use the gold you picked up on upgrades like better armor (slows you down), faster speed (upgrade along with armor), better weapon (more shots at one time), and shield (can be destroyed if hit and you will have to buy another. Basically it protects up to 4 of your block of your HP).

06-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Hello to all!

Upsh, really, we don't talk about this game because we wanted to wait to the last day (we are busy updating 7DA and with a funny entertainment app we are making), but Apple launched it before we expected , because this, we didn't upload all the screenshots yet (now, 4 are available)

We'll, about the game, is a retro-style arcade, with today graphics, similar to some greats games, such as Galaga & Space Invaders, and a big add-on, the shop!

We wanted to make a fast-to-play game, without complications for the player, but enough challenging (Try HARD mode) for hardcore gamers.

It features 20 levels, shop, alien mothership and online scores, with 2 sections, "TOP WORLD" and "TOP MY COUNTRY"

TIP: Playing HARD mode gives much more points! EASY mode is for casual players!

Here are more screenshots:

Hope you like the game!

StormBASIC games
Tehra DarkWarrior now available at AppStore. Don't miss it!.

Last edited by StormBASIC; 06-12-2009 at 01:49 PM.
06-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I bought it last night and played through about 12 levels on easy. It's a lot of fun and if I wasn't so wrapped up in Real Racing I'd give it much more of a chance.

For a $0.99 game, 20 levels is fine with me, esp with the different difficulty levels and ability to upgrade weapons/shields.

All-in-all a worthwhile time killer that only cost a buck!

ALSO: Even on easy, level 12 is a BIT** to get past! Or maybe I just suck (which there's a very good chance of)