★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Golden Arrow is a beautiful game that takes you on a journey to unlock the story of the legendary Princess, known as the deadliest monster hunter the lands have ever seen. Run through the kingdom as a mythical monster to discover scrolls which reveal the story of her life, her love, and her deep connection with the monster.

The writing is simple and beautifully poetic and it calls to mind such ethereal storytelling as the likes of Jonathan Blows Braid. Den of Geek

There are a couple of poignant story bits there for discovery, some of them surprisingly touched me on a personal level. Spawn Point Blog

The Golden Arrow is one of the best endless runners in the mobile gaming market today. It blows the competition out of the water with solid gameplay, a beautiful art style, breathtaking sound design and an incredibly well written plot. Regret Zero

Takes things to a different level by providing a unique and compelling narrative. Indie Game Mag Mobile

FEATURES:
- Addicting endless runner gameplay with GameCenter achievements and leaderboards
- Beautiful pixel art graphics and haunting melodies
- Unlock scrolls to reveal the legend of the Princess, a poignant modern fairy tale

Download now to discover the legend!

MonsterAndGlitch's comments:
Hello - I am the developer of The Golden Arrow and I just wanted to share information about the game! I'll be posting promo codes on the promo code subforum so hop over there if you're interested in taking a look.

Let me know what you think on Twitter or Facebook!

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Fun game. Deserves more attention.
03-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Agree with smegly. Simple endless runner but very nice visuals, music, and pace. There are 30 story scrolls to unlock (by total meters accumulated, so you can suck and still get the whole story by doing lots of runs), as well as an in game high score table, gc high score list, and a handful of basic gc achievements. The graphics are great for fans of pixel art, theres parallax scrolling backgrounds, animated trees and grass (on certain platforms, i guess animator ran out of time) several different platform graphics, and a nice animated loading screen (which oddly didn't show up until the third or fourth boot up of the game). Gameplay is simple but engaging, run to the right until you fall into a pit or hit an obstacle, and there are little sparkly "boosts" that increase the speed for a while. Obstacles so far include crystals that kill you, boulders that only stun/slow you down for a second and icicles that fall and will end your game if you run not them. There may be more but I'm not the best at these games.

Not to mention, the game is FREE with no ads or in app purchases. The only gripe I have is that it's not universal, but it looks and plays fine on my iPad 3.

To make a comparison, this is very much like a fantasy/storybook version of canabalt with the addition of unlockable story scrolls. Recommended!

Last edited by iamseamonster; 03-24-2013 at 08:17 AM.
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
No more Golden Arrow?

Edit: Nevermind, it's still on the cloud ... But what is with all the disappearing games ... Still no Pizza Boy?