Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^That's weird... Never crashed on my 4S or iPad3.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^That's weird... Never crashed on my 4S or iPad3.
Crashing way too much on my iPhone4s and so I decided to just finish it with the iPad. Crashed once or twice, but I was able to finish the game then. Hmm, might try a re-install and hard reset. Thanks for the info!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
Love this game but i'm running into some difficulty in world 3. I've already gone back and gotten an "S" for every level, but I still keep dying.

Maybe i'm using the wrong units?
I'm in exactly the same position, the difficulty spike at the beginning of world 3 is kind of ridiculous. I went back and grinded 3000 coins to upgrade my main char (healer) and my default melee unit and I just get totally raped on the first level of world 3.

IAP wall I guess?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbapook View Post
I'm in exactly the same position, the difficulty spike at the beginning of world 3 is kind of ridiculous. I went back and grinded 3000 coins to upgrade my main char (healer) and my default melee unit and I just get totally raped on the first level of world 3.

IAP wall I guess?
I prefer to regard it as "a pleasant challenge". Depends on whether you like difficulty or you want to breeze through. I don't see much reason to pay for IAP unless you want to upgrade all of your units and heroes, not just the primary ones you're using.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I prefer to regard it as "a pleasant challenge". Depends on whether you like difficulty or you want to breeze through. I don't see much reason to pay for IAP unless you want to upgrade all of your units and heroes, not just the primary ones you're using.
So what would you recommend to getting through that world? Just upgrading the default units? Or are other units better suited to the stuff you face?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:41 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Make matches FAAAST. At first i was a little casual playing the game, then i thought it needed some grinding to get past through. While grinding, i notice i was getting the hang of making matches in this game more, and i was doin them non-stop in a battle. So before making my grind target amount, i decided to give world 3 another go. Won it right away.

It's difficult, but it's doable. As DaviddesJ put it, it's just a change of pace from casual to almost hardcore. Then farming from there onward is sweeter.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
iPad

Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy the 2x gold IAP early on, so I guess "pay wall" could be a fair description. You need to pay some and grind a bit, or not pay and grind a lot. There's even more grinding after 3-10 to tackle 4-1.

For 3-1, I don't think it matters that much which units you use, you just need to get your hero to 3rd level (otherwise you just don't have enough HP) and pick some units to upgrade, either the early units to 3rd level or the later units to 2nd level.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy the 2x gold IAP early on, so I guess "pay wall" could be a fair description. You need to pay some and grind a bit, or not pay and grind a lot. There's even more grinding after 3-10 to tackle 4-1.

For 3-1, I don't think it matters that much which units you use, you just need to get your hero to 3rd level (otherwise you just don't have enough HP) and pick some units to upgrade, either the early units to 3rd level or the later units to 2nd level.
Aw... Forgot i also had 2x gold IAP. Hmm...
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Yeah, what I basically did was grind enough to level up my main char to lvl3, then use melee/archer/axeguy/witch all at lvl 2 or 3. The witch helped the most in throttling back the amount of damage taken, and the lvl 3 healing spell helps turn the tide a lot.

I can imagine with the 2x gold IAP the grind wouldn't seem that bad, and tbh even without it I basically ran through the entirety of Chapter 2 3 times to get enough gold. Once I did that, Chapter 3 levels weren't a pushover by any means, but they were doable.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Any news on the update or its release?