Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,230
Default

^That's weird... Never crashed on my 4S or iPad3.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
tabs tabs is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^That's weird... Never crashed on my 4S or iPad3.
Crashing way too much on my iPhone4s and so I decided to just finish it with the iPad. Crashed once or twice, but I was able to finish the game then. Hmm, might try a re-install and hard reset. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Bubbapook Bubbapook is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
Love this game but i'm running into some difficulty in world 3. I've already gone back and gotten an "S" for every level, but I still keep dying.

Maybe i'm using the wrong units?
I'm in exactly the same position, the difficulty spike at the beginning of world 3 is kind of ridiculous. I went back and grinded 3000 coins to upgrade my main char (healer) and my default melee unit and I just get totally raped on the first level of world 3.

IAP wall I guess?
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
DaviddesJ DaviddesJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Burlingame CA
Posts: 2,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbapook View Post
I'm in exactly the same position, the difficulty spike at the beginning of world 3 is kind of ridiculous. I went back and grinded 3000 coins to upgrade my main char (healer) and my default melee unit and I just get totally raped on the first level of world 3.

IAP wall I guess?
I prefer to regard it as "a pleasant challenge". Depends on whether you like difficulty or you want to breeze through. I don't see much reason to pay for IAP unless you want to upgrade all of your units and heroes, not just the primary ones you're using.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Bubbapook Bubbapook is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I prefer to regard it as "a pleasant challenge". Depends on whether you like difficulty or you want to breeze through. I don't see much reason to pay for IAP unless you want to upgrade all of your units and heroes, not just the primary ones you're using.
So what would you recommend to getting through that world? Just upgrading the default units? Or are other units better suited to the stuff you face?
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,230
Default

Make matches FAAAST. At first i was a little casual playing the game, then i thought it needed some grinding to get past through. While grinding, i notice i was getting the hang of making matches in this game more, and i was doin them non-stop in a battle. So before making my grind target amount, i decided to give world 3 another go. Won it right away.

It's difficult, but it's doable. As DaviddesJ put it, it's just a change of pace from casual to almost hardcore. Then farming from there onward is sweeter.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
DaviddesJ DaviddesJ is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Burlingame CA
Posts: 2,377
Default

Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy the 2x gold IAP early on, so I guess "pay wall" could be a fair description. You need to pay some and grind a bit, or not pay and grind a lot. There's even more grinding after 3-10 to tackle 4-1.

For 3-1, I don't think it matters that much which units you use, you just need to get your hero to 3rd level (otherwise you just don't have enough HP) and pick some units to upgrade, either the early units to 3rd level or the later units to 2nd level.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Exact-Psience Exact-Psience is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 15,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy the 2x gold IAP early on, so I guess "pay wall" could be a fair description. You need to pay some and grind a bit, or not pay and grind a lot. There's even more grinding after 3-10 to tackle 4-1.

For 3-1, I don't think it matters that much which units you use, you just need to get your hero to 3rd level (otherwise you just don't have enough HP) and pick some units to upgrade, either the early units to 3rd level or the later units to 2nd level.
Aw... Forgot i also had 2x gold IAP. Hmm...
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Bubbapook Bubbapook is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
Default

Yeah, what I basically did was grind enough to level up my main char to lvl3, then use melee/archer/axeguy/witch all at lvl 2 or 3. The witch helped the most in throttling back the amount of damage taken, and the lvl 3 healing spell helps turn the tide a lot.

I can imagine with the 2x gold IAP the grind wouldn't seem that bad, and tbh even without it I basically ran through the entirety of Chapter 2 3 times to get enough gold. Once I did that, Chapter 3 levels weren't a pushover by any means, but they were doable.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 PM
sdtbl13 sdtbl13 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Any news on the update or its release?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent