Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
I am thinking about taking a crack at this game.

Is this basically endless? Or is there a campaign with a definite ending so I can finish the game? The game truly reminds of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes.

Also, how long is the estimated gameplay?
Campaign where the credits you are awarded for each mission is based on the speed and efficiency by which you complete the level (which is summed up nicely as an F-S letter grade). You can endlessly replay any mission to improve your score (when trying out new army configurations I often step back a few missions since you only get credits if you finish the mission). You get full credit even if a replay.

I do hope they add an Endless level at some point, maybe there is one here but so far all 3 of the 4 worlds so far I've been on just have 10 levels each.

The first 2 worlds whizzed by quickly in just a couple of hours but this third world has become much tougher.

There are 10 Heroes each with 2 levels of upgrades and 12 units each also with 2 levels of upgrades. You technically have access to ALL heroes right off (sure, you'll need to pay a minor game currency fee to unlock but you can unlock them in any order you want or even skip some all together). The units, however, seem to be slowly unlocked in some predefined order (I assume based on how far you've made it in the campaign). You are free to mix and match the hero and his 4 troops any way you want.

I personally am having a blast with the Robot hero with his cool anachronistic future tech weapons (machine guns and missiles).
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Hi all! Dev here! This game snuck out a bit early (Saturday as opposed to Monday). Thanks for putting up a thread about it!

Please let me know any comments, especially if you're finding any problems with the game balancing. We want the IAP to be strictly optional, so if you feel like you're grinding too much (or have any other issues), give me a shout by PM.

We're really proud of this game, and we feel like it has an interesting mechanic. It's sort of a mix of match three and space invaders (for anyone out there who hasn't purchased it) along with RPG elements and special attacks.

For those of you who have already picked it up, thanks a ton!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Everything LordGek says is dead-on. Thanks for picking up my slack, and I hope you enjoy the game!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by indalico View Post
Top In-App Purchases

Basic Coin Pack $2.99
PUZZLE_PRG_pack_01 $1.99

That bolded thing scares me. I'm not surprised there was IAP for coins after seeing screenshot 5. I would've picked it up had I not saw the IAP listing. If it's not so bad, I'd reconsider.
This one was supposed to be called "Double Income". We are in the process of fixing that. We will be making regular updates to the game. We will be having a small update that has more granular control over the sound, so players can turn the music off if they'd like.

Based on how many units we move, we are also considering iPhone 5 graphics.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 PM

Bprichard,

Can you confirm that the game is entirely WINNABLE (all stars/all unlocked achievements) WITHOUT using IAP so that IAP can assist but NOT deter game progress? How much grinding additionally is there if the player chooses to play without IAP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
This one was supposed to be called "Double Income". We are in the process of fixing that. We will be making regular updates to the game. We will be having a small update that has more granular control over the sound, so players can turn the music off if they'd like.

Based on how many units we move, we are also considering iPhone 5 graphics.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Bprichard,

Can you confirm that the game is entirely WINNABLE (all stars/all unlocked achievements) WITHOUT using IAP so that IAP can assist but NOT deter game progress? How much grinding additionally is there if the player chooses to play without IAP?
Hey, thanks for the question! I can confirm that the game is entirely winnable without IAP. Our project manager beat the game in about 5 or 6 hours with coins only earned from playing. He repeated the later levels a fair bit.

I'm starting a clean playthrough (I used coins my first time), and I'll keep you updated on how I fare!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

bprichard: First, thanks for supporting us here.

I am enjoying your game, but I do feel the game requires making matches very quickly which mitigates the ability to apply any strategy. Is that how the game is meant to be played?

Also, while the game mostly appears to be simple to figure out, it would be nice to have some additional instructions. For example, I have not determined what is going on with the "magician" shown next to a progress bar at the bottom of the battle screen. Is that just a power that is automatically triggered at some point?
Old 09-24-2012, 12:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post

I am enjoying your game, but I do feel the game requires making matches very quickly which mitigates the ability to apply any strategy. Is that how the game is meant to be played?

Also, while the game mostly appears to be simple to figure out, it would be nice to have some additional instructions. For example, I have not determined what is going on with the "magician" shown next to a progress bar at the bottom of the battle screen. Is that just a power that is automatically triggered at some point?
Thanks for the question. We'd better add some instructions for that. You'll notice the little icon that lights up. That is the first of the three special powers that your hero can use to help out your troops. Once the blue bar gets past that, you can tap the icon to activate the power. Some of the powers (like the magician) need for you to select a target. When this is necessary, you'll see the reticule on all the enemies. You can then select an enemy to attack. If you look at the upgrade screen, just select your hero and you can tap his special ability to see what it does. Each hero starts out with one ability. Upgrading unlocks more abilities.

As for strategy, it honestly took a little bit of time before I could work some strategy into my play. You have to move fast to avoid getting overwhelmed. But, it's very important to notice which enemies are on the screen and where to try to attack. Lots of enemies have special abilities that heal their friends or buff them. It is super important to get rid of them. The other thing is finding the time and space to use your hero abilities. They're especially helpful against the bosses!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post

Forgot to mention that once you get some more units and heroes unlocked, that adds another level to the strategy. Putting together a team that balances different attacks is fun. It admittedly takes a lot of play before you have the gold to really mess with that, though.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Those answers are very helpful. Perhaps with that information, I can make some decent progress now and earn some gold. Up to this point, I have only been able to perform the cheapest upgrades for a couple of characters and was thinking I could not progress at a reasonable rate unless I bought the coin doubler.

About the only strategy I find myself having time to apply up to now has been trying to make matches that would contact the enemy rather then into the gaps between the enemy. Of course, matches with the archers are good anywhere, which is nice.