Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 AM

Two more suggestions:

1. There needs to be a progress bar showing how far along I am at a current wave. This helps me to make a decision on whether or not to abandon a level if I know I won't have a chance to score a S rank if I am near the end.

2. As above, I want to know how close I am to a perfect rank AT THE TIME I am playing, rather than WAITING AT THE END of the level to find out.

Lastly, I thought you are part of the development team, but you speak as if you are playing the game along with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprichard View Post
Okay, I'm feeling an enormous sense of accomplishment. Over the last two days (probably six-seven hours of play), I completed the game with an S on every level with coins only earned from the sweat of my brow.

My final lineup was: Hero: Chaos, Units: Knight, Witch, Viking, and Axeman. All were at maximum level except the Viking. (Where am I going to come up with 50,000 coins? The Income Double IAP was starting to seem like it could have been really helpful to me by the end of my journey.) I definitely grinded on the world 3 boss for a while to get the coins I needed. However, I also made some missteps that resulted in me wasting money.

Tip: Don't try to make do without a unit that targets enemies from outside its own row. The witch saved me several times in the 4th world.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Two more suggestions:

1. There needs to be a progress bar showing how far along I am at a current wave. This helps me to make a decision on whether or not to abandon a level if I know I won't have a chance to score a S rank if I am near the end.

2. As above, I want to know how close I am to a perfect rank AT THE TIME I am playing, rather than WAITING AT THE END of the level to find out.

Lastly, I thought you are part of the development team, but you speak as if you are playing the game along with us.
Actually, I'm doing both. I am on the team that made it, but not in a programming capacity. And I just played my first clean game with no automatically unlocked units. I left the testing of the balance to other members of the team, which I probably won't be doing in the future.

I like your first proposal a lot, and I'll forward it along. We'll probably not give any hints about the ranking until you get to the final screen though.

Also, we have created a gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And another video from gametouchplay at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_cBfKw7nBw
Old 09-25-2012, 08:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
I've been playing all morning and i can say some things about this game.

It's an amazing combination of puzzle, action and RPG. The gameplay is really fluid and there are a lot of different combos to make everytime, so despite being a puzzle it is not boring or slow even in the firsts stages of the game. The pace is really addictive and the art in this game reminds me a lot of Kingdom Rush, which is clearly a pro.

The only con I encountered is maybe some grind to gain coins, at least in the beginning. I miss iCloud too, which is very important right now to me.

Cool game!
Thanks for the positive feedback, and I hope you continue to enjoy the game. iCloud use is probably not going to happen on this particular game, but I will tell the team that it's a requested feature for future titles.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Last comment from me for the night. I did just give away the last promo code, so there are no more left. Thanks to everyone who showed interest. Any questions and suggestions are most welcome, and I will be checking up on the forum first thing in the morning (China time).
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM

i first come across these some days ago when it beep on appshopper, i brought it blind as there was no video or comments on here of course. It was the "game play you never come acros"s me got me interested.

I like it myself, and every time i upgraded a unit i start from the beginning again with my new units and found i be racking up the coins.

There is deffo some tactics of what units do you match up to send up against enemy do you go for a long line of units or maybe match up some bow man and take out that unit that's out on its own....
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I have played much further into the game to the beginning of the 4th (ice) stage and the grinding really is quite excessive. Also, the inability to reliably swipe to move units is especially frustrating when you are in a tough battle. Hopefully a future update will fix the swipe issue and provide more generous coin rewards. I will shelve the game until that happens.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 PM

I've been having a blast with this game. I bought the doubler and don't have to grind much at all. Even with some minor issues this game is easily worth $3 for fans of puzzle hybrids. I find the fast gameplay a lot more fun as I tend to over think the turn based puzzlers. PvP would be a fantastic addition. I'd even pay for it. Keep the updates and the new content coming and I'll keep supporting you. Haven't had this much fun since 10000000.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Puzzle Saga 1.1!

We have submitted the update to Apple as of this morning. If things pan out, we will get approval next week sometime and push it to our users.

Fixes:
* Improved swiping on the iPad. Should be silky smooth.
* Copy fixed! (We actually had used a very old version for the hero descriptions on the launch version. Our mistake!)
* Bug hunting - as we haven't been able to consistently replicate the reported iOS6 bug that was causing crashes, we are hoping some code changes we made will take care of it. On our testing devices, so far so good, but we're keeping our fingers crossed on this one.

Improvements:
* Tutorials everywhere - additional images for hero skills, the hero menu, and general skill use
* Some heroes have been rebalanced to make them all viable choices
* Small graphical upgrades

Additions:
* 1-3 star ratings on units and heroes, so users don't have to guess which level they're on
* Earn 1,500 gold coins by rating the app

No endless mode just yet, but we are continuing to work on it for the next update. Looking forward to getting this set loose in the wild so you all can enjoy it!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 AM
iPad

I've had no problems with swiping on the iPad. On the other hand, targeting the hero skills is hard, often I miss the target on the enemy figures and I have to try it again.

It seems odd that I can get S rating even if I have to resurrect during the battle.

I also sort of wonder what is the point of having so many heroes, once I upgrade one of them why ever use a different one? It would be nice if the game somehow gave you a reason to use different heroes on different levels.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I've had no problems with swiping on the iPad. On the other hand, targeting the hero skills is hard, often I miss the target on the enemy figures and I have to try it again.

It seems odd that I can get S rating even if I have to resurrect during the battle.

I also sort of wonder what is the point of having so many heroes, once I upgrade one of them why ever use a different one? It would be nice if the game somehow gave you a reason to use different heroes on different levels.
We will see what can we do to make skill targeting easier.

The rating is only related to time and technique (basically the combos you string together). There probably should be some sort of penalty for that.

The different heroes are there for fun and replayability. Sometimes you might want to use a combination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd level skills; for other heroes you might just want to charge for 3rd level skills and attempt to lay waste to everyone around you. We wanted as much variety as possible, so people can play how they want.