★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Moonz?

06-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Moonz?

Moonz $4.99

Here is the app's description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by App Description
Become a master of orbital gravity with the insanely addictive MOONZ!

Race against the clock throwing space junk into stable orbits! Defend space bunnies from incoming junk! Play split-screen with a friend, or just mess with the physics! Compete online and become MOONZ world champion!

FEATURES

Realistic physics objects to play with: Rockets, Wormholes, Dynamite, UFOs, London Buses, and many more...
8 unique game modes: Time Trial, Sudden Death, Bunny Defender, Capture The Flag, Tag and more...
Sandbox mode: Experiment with the physics
4 locations to unlock
2 player support
Online scores
Automatic game save/restore
Super-smooth gameplay
Listen to the soundtrack or iPod music

The price is admittedly a bit high but I'm kind of curious. Anybody want to TOFTT?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
To high for my TOFTT blood.

06-12-2009, 12:27 PM
If no one has TOFTT by the time I get my new iTunes card Ill jump in.
Need a couple hours though!

Seishu, told you im jumpin in!

Check us out in the new book 500 Things to Eat Before its too Late by James Beard Lifetime Achievment Award Winners and Authors of the Roadfood column in Gourmet Magazine, Jane and Michael Stern. This is BIG people!!
Read About us in the SJ Mercury News
06-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
If no one has TOFTT by the time I get my new iTunes card Ill jump in.
Need a couple hours though!

Seishu, told you im jumpin in!
Go for it!

06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm new here but thought I'd give this a go. So far, it's pretty good fun. The main game involves taking objects (UFO, bus, cows) and throwing them into orbit with your finger. Then those objects have to survive a certain amount of time without crashing. If they do, you get points and then the number of objects is increased.

It starts off very simple but soon it's like juggling with gravity. Even in just the short time I played it, the urge to get those objects swinging around safely was compelling and had quite a buzz watching 7 objects all with different orbits barely missing each other. It's actually quite addictive.

The main mode just gives you a time limit (you choose from 1 minute, 3 minutes or more) and you have to see how well you can do in that time. There is a sudden death mode, which means one crash and it's game over.

There's a whole other thing called bunny defender. Objects hurtle towards the bottom of the screen and you just have to tap them to stop them. Wasn't as interesting for me as the main gravity game.

With most modes, you start with Earth but there are 3 other planets to unlock. No idea what you have to do to unlock them though.

Overall, so far, I actually really like this. If it were cheaper, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It's still good for it's price though. The only issue is if you get it and it doesn't click with you. That's what Lite versions are great for.

So it's juggling with gravity and pretty good fun.
06-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerky View Post
I'm new here but thought I'd give this a go. So far, it's pretty good fun. The main game involves taking objects (UFO, bus, cows) and throwing them into orbit with your finger. Then those objects have to survive a certain amount of time without crashing. If they do, you get points and then the number of objects is increased.

It starts off very simple but soon it's like juggling with gravity. Even in just the short time I played it, the urge to get those objects swinging around safely was compelling and had quite a buzz watching 7 objects all with different orbits barely missing each other. It's actually quite addictive.

The main mode just gives you a time limit (you choose from 1 minute, 3 minutes or more) and you have to see how well you can do in that time. There is a sudden death mode, which means one crash and it's game over.

There's a whole other thing called bunny defender. Objects hurtle towards the bottom of the screen and you just have to tap them to stop them. Wasn't as interesting for me as the main gravity game.

With most modes, you start with Earth but there are 3 other planets to unlock. No idea what you have to do to unlock them though.

Overall, so far, I actually really like this. If it were cheaper, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It's still good for it's price though. The only issue is if you get it and it doesn't click with you. That's what Lite versions are great for.

So it's juggling with gravity and pretty good fun.
Great heads up! So any sort of powerups or hazards other than just the obvious aspect of having more shoot to juggle?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-12-2009, 02:20 PM
So far, no. Just more stuff to juggle. But it's entirely possible that there is more to it as it goes on. Though the purity of the concept is working for me so far. A real 'one more go' game.
07-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for trying out Moonz! We are having a special launch sale of USD$0.99 until the 19th July.

Here's some more information about it for those who haven't tried it out yet:

Moonz has four unique locations to unlock, and a tonne of objects that are guaranteed to get laughs, including rockets, wormholes, dynamite, UFOs, London buses and more. Scores are stored online for each game mode as well as locally, and the game can be exited/resumed at any time with no loss of progress. The game can be played with the inbuilt soundtrack, or the user can listen to their own music while playing.

GAME MODES

- 1P Time Trial - Race against the clock throwing space junk into stable orbits. Hold them all without any crashes or interaction for 5 seconds to receive points & more space junk. Sounds easier than it is!
- 1P Sudden Death - As above, but a single crash ends the game. Intense stuff!
- 1P Bunny Defender - "Missle command" style gameplay, where you must clear the sky of incoming space junk to defend your planet (and your space bunnies)!
- 1P Sandbox - Free exploration + placement of planets, moons, wormholes and other fun interactive objects.
- 2P Capture The Flag - Classic flag-thieving gameplay with a new twist: gravity!
- 2P Tag - Launch as many of your own missiles into orbit as possible, while stealing enemy missiles by tapping them.
- 2P Shock & Awe - Create explosions on the enemy's side of the screen to score points.
- 2P Bunny Defender - Launch space junk at each other's planets.

VIDEO

Youtube link | Pop Up

MORE INFORMATION

iTunes: http://www.itunes.com/app/Moonz
ADXSoft: http://www.adxsoft.com.au/games

Thanks for your support!
The Moonz Team
09-25-2009, 10:46 PM
there's now a Lite to try

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=330647178&mt=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-21-2009, 12:17 AM
update out

What's new
- Scores now display to 100 properly
- Stability: fixed several rare audio crashes
- Performance: Optimized rendering
- Milked the cows

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com