★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Which game?

11-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Which game?

Hey guys. I have $5 left in my itunes account. What do you recommend that I get? I was looking at quickdraw, touchgrind, or snailmail. But if there are any other suggestions please let me know.
Thanks!
11-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Well, from what I've heard Touch Grind really isn't worth it. The replay value is just too low (although it does sound amazing). I've heard about a few problems with Quickdraw too. So, I'd definitely get Snail Mail. That game is extremely fun

Edit: Snail Mail is $2, so that will leave you with $3. If you want another game, I recommend Trism if you don't have it. If you like Bejeweled, you'll love trism. It's a great pick up and play game.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 11-27-2008 at 11:12 AM.

11-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks a lot! Snailmail does look very good, and hopefully touchgrind will have a price drop soon . I have trism too and it is one of my favorite games!
11-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
Thanks a lot! Snailmail does look very good, and hopefully touchgrind will have a price drop soon . I have trism too and it is one of my favorite games!
Yeah, I'm really hoping they have a price drop this weekend. If not, I'll wait till Christmas. (I want it to drop to $2.)

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-27-2008, 12:42 PM
I bought Touchgrind and Snail Mail (thanks to TouchArcade's review ) and I really am enjoying both of them. I'll write "reviews" over them soon but I have too many darn family members in town. Snail Mail is a really well made game. The controls are great plus it's hard to put down so far. I know Touchgrind hasn't received the best of reviews but I honestly couldn't stop playing last night. It's just sorta fun flicking the board around. For 5 bucks it's a close call. Snail Mail would probably give you more bang for your dollar. I'd certainly keep an eye on a price cut of Touchgrind in the mean time.
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I've just bought Marble Worlds, as I'm a big fan of platform games. It's quite addictive, and well worth a look.

I wish there were more platform games like this. If anyone can recomend any I'll take a look.
11-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
Hey guys. I have $5 left in my itunes account. What do you recommend that I get? I was looking at quickdraw, touchgrind, or snailmail. But if there are any other suggestions please let me know.
Thanks!
you can't get touchgrind with five dollars. there is tax too. I recomend you get snail mail
11-27-2008, 01:49 PM
I just LOVE Subway Shuffle. Great game, even to impress your friends. And you feel so smart when you solve a puzzle
11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Toy bot, zombie attack, air hockey.