I'm on my career mode right now.

Add me and I'll give you a game or two.
apparently i did.
i'm bryanonline
Old 10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFasttt View Post
Yes it's pretty easy to win over predictable players who only use Messi. I still lose sometimes though, since you can't set how high your back line is, even with Defensive Mentality your CB still run to the middle of the pitch when you have a corner, if your opponent manages to make a long ball to your half for Messi to run for it would be very hard to def. The wingbacks, even if they stay, are pretty useless 'cause most of them are slower then Messi and it's really hard to change the cursor to them unless Messi makes a run down the flank, any tip to counter that ?

Btw good job with LA Galaxy, if that Barca isn't a noob then it's a pretty impressive statistic. Let's play sometime, my pseudo is SoFasttt
The only team i have problems with is Manchester City

when you're defending, don't rely on the switch button, just tap to select a defender in front of the opp if their on the break

if they're going in from the center, try and block a shot or slow him down by staying in front of him and timing your tackle. don't just mash on the tackle button, just use your position and just back up into your box, but stay close. good players slow down before they shoot or perform a trick so watch for that and prepare to tackle. call in a 2nd defender if need be.

from the side, tap the defender farthest in front of the attacker. if there's a cpu teammate between you and the opp, hit she 2nd defender button to apply pressure to slow them down or force a pass.

if its just you, run in the same direction. if you run alongside the attacker, your chances of clearing or stealing the ball are higher. don't go straight in, tackle from the side. never run straight at an attacker on the wing. ever. that's asking for a foul.

if the opp is on a break down the wing, find your closes central defender and rush the box to help your keeper with either a block or shut down any pass into the box

Last edited by doc_hardware; 10-15-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM

I really want to get this game but I really need to know is it worth the 7 bucks? I have 2012 and its so much fun and I love it and I would love multiplayer but other than multiplayer what is worth the 7 bucks to by it?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrsfan94 View Post
I really want to get this game but I really need to know is it worth the 7 bucks? I have 2012 and its so much fun and I love it and I would love multiplayer but other than multiplayer what is worth the 7 bucks to by it?
multiplayer is the main reason to buy it
other than updated graphics and way better controls
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Doc, friendly invite sent.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
iPad 2

I'm gonna be online for the next couple of hours if anybody wants to send me an invite. You can iMessage me too. bluetiger2k3[at]yahoo[dot]com
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I've been able to play a regular "Quick Match" (or at least start it then quit) and then use the same club in an Online Quick Match and the subs I've brought up from the reserve bench and my lineups survived.

I did notice it increased the lag on the online games and the last few times it's flat out disconnected me....

otherwise, I think it's bush-league you can't use players on the "reserve" bench just the "substitutes" bench on online games. they better come up with a squad update soon to make up for it ...
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 PM
iPad 2

How do you change the online difficulty?
I have it at world class on the game settings, but in the news area, it says I played on beginner
Old 10-18-2012, 03:15 AM
iPad 2

Also, a tip that's not in the tutorial
On offense, you can make a player make a run just by tapping the skill stick
Not as accurate as swiping, but still useful.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_hardware View Post
Also, a tip that's not in the tutorial
On offense, you can make a player make a run just by tapping the skill stick
Not as accurate as swiping, but still useful.
I play passing alot so this one here is a very good tip, thank you

Actually offense isn't my main concern 'cause i always can score 1 or 2 goals per game, but defense is. I still don't know how to def effectively without jockey and containing, simply tackle just doesn't work for me. Most of the time i use that sprint-tackle it ends up like this : 50% i get the ball, 30% it's a fault and you know how deadly a free kick is this version, 20% my opp manages to escape (even without doing skill move), as you see, not effective at all. Ofc i use 2nd defender to def too but you can't overdo it since it will cause hole in your defensive line, 1vs1 still happens alot.

Btw free kick is too easy, you don't need to be Ronaldo or Messi to score from 20m+, with a simple gesture. They need to nerf it, or make the gesture more complicated.

And the fact that you can't use Pressing or Zone Marking in 4-4-1-1 is ridiculous, many time my opp runs down the flank (he's alone, after kick off) and my LRB who is 1 metre away just sit there and do nothing, unless you take control of him or call him as 2nd defender, but vs good dribbler like Messi or CR9 you just don't have time to do that. My point is strategy is strategy, it should not bind to any formation.

Last edited by SoFasttt; 10-19-2012 at 03:27 AM..