★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Planet43
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 12.1 MB
  • Version: 3.0.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This application runs on all iPad flavors.
iPanzer1942 "rise of the Eagle" is a turn based war game.
iPanzer1942 offers a unique experience through 20 historical scenarios, covering the first part of the WWII.
You will drive Axes or Allies forces in Poland and France during the 39 blitzkrieg, oversee the German North Africa invasion, and head the Russian campaign of fall 42.
Each scenario can be played either side, Axes or Allies, against the iPad or with a friend. Your game progression can be saved at any moment in time.

strivemind's comments:

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/app/ipanzerlite/id550880708?mt=8
09-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Anyone willing to take the plunge on this? It looks like a clone of the old Panzer General PC game. If it is, oh boy, it could be a keeper.
09-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslee17 View Post
Anyone willing to take the plunge on this? It looks like a clone of the old Panzer General PC game. If it is, oh boy, it could be a keeper.
I did, and while not panzer general, it is a surprisingly good game. I've only played the first scenario but I'm liking it so far. Once panzer corps is released this game will be deleted though.
09-24-2012, 09:52 PM
I saw that there was a free lite version so I tried it out. While it may look like Panzer General, it does not appear to be anything like it. The interface is a bit rough around the edges and the game seems even simpler to play than I remember PG was. Guess I will pass and wait for Panzer Corps.
09-25-2012, 02:44 AM
wooo it sound's good I must play it