★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What is the most underrated game on the app store?

11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
What is the most underrated game on the app store?

I know that there are games like Super Monkey Ball and Spore that are overrated, but what about those little gems of games that are often the most overlooked, but the highest quality and funnest games?

Which ones do you like the best? What are they about? Price?
11-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I'd have to say Juxtaposer is a great example. It's an awesome picture app that lets you erase parts of a picture and add it on top of a different picture. I use this app a lot to put McCain and Palin's heads on some of my relatives' bodies. Then I email it to them and everyone has a good laugh Juxtaposer is $3 and it's a very fun app to mess around with when you're bored.

Another one is "Pulsar: Interactive Particle System." Ever since I got my iPod Touch, I wanted a visualizer like you can get on iTunes. I bought an app called screensave and used that for a while as my music visualizer, but then I found this one. You can create millions of different effects and it's perfect for a visualizer. I love it and it's great when you're kind of bored and you want to look at something while listening to music. This one is $1 and definitely worth it

[Edit] I just realized you said you wanted *games*. I think the game "2079" is underrated for such a fantastic game. You are a small ship and you have to shoot things and get power ups. It's $1 and it's definitely one of the best $1 games.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 11-27-2008 at 11:58 AM.

11-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Well, yea i should have been clearer. Not from Major devs (EA and Sega) or in the top 50. Nobody pays much attention to the back 50, so they can be on there.

Already heard about Snail Mail. I'll probably get it.
11-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Tatomic.
11-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Blackbeard's Assault is a really good game. I have a hard time putting it down once I get started. Plus I think the developer did a really good job. And I say this all the time, but I REALLY believe Parallel Kingdom will be fun once the developers update it and more users start playing.
11-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppAttack View Post
Blackbeard's Assault is a really good game. I have a hard time putting it down once I get started. Plus I think the developer did a really good job. And I say this all the time, but I REALLY believe Parallel Kingdom will be fun once the developers update it and more users start playing.
I love blackbeards assault, it has pirates and ninjas!
11-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Ok. These are all great ideas. But I've already heard of all of them. Anything more obscure. More variety. Still thinking over Snail Mail, but other than that, none of these sound appealing to me. Try racing, strategy, puzzle, cards, etc.
11-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
I hate to do this, but I have to speak up...

Scoops!

I think having a 4.7 star average with well over 200 reviews and never making it into the top 25 counts as under-rated.
11-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Boomshine is a fun game, but I've only played the free web version.
11-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
I love blackbeards assault, it has pirates and ninjas!
ice cream > pirates + ninjas

Scoops no doubt!