★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

TouchArcade and StarDefence

06-12-2009, 04:58 PM
TouchArcade and StarDefence

Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone thinks Toucharcade is making way too big of a deal about StarDefence. I mean i played it and i personally dont think its as good as they have been saying it should be for months. And almost a page long thing about it on the front page. I think toucharcade maby learned its lesson this time about hyping up a game way too early. I mean with all the hype toucharcade brought to stardefence months ago, A think its an insult to the regulars of this site. Because good or bad Toucharcade would have to cover their asses and call it a good game with all the hype they gave this game. Its unfair reviewing to the readers and a big waste of time for the writers.

THANKS
06-12-2009, 05:00 PM
The review of Star Defense is just as long as all my other reviews, I shoot for around the 1000 word mark. I'm not sure why it's so offensive to everyone that I enjoyed playing Star Defense.

06-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, no, It's how people perceive the excitement and look of the game. It's not TouchArcade's fault at all. They just love great games like these. And it's all opinion too, so if people love the game, they love it, if they hate it, they hate it. It is fair.

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.
06-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RtodaJ View Post
Hey everyone I was just wondering if anyone thinks Toucharcade is making way too big of a deal about StarDefence. I mean i played it and i personally dont think its as good as they have been saying it should be for months. And almost a page long thing about it on the front page. I think toucharcade maby learned its lesson this time about hyping up a game way too early. I mean with all the hype toucharcade brought to stardefence months ago, A think its an insult to the regulars of this site. Because good or bad Toucharcade would have to cover their asses and call it a good game with all the hype they gave this game. Its unfair reviewing to the readers and a big waste of time for the writers.

THANKS
i dont think they are making such a big deal

i honestly think star defense is like any other TD IMO the 3D graphics or anything dont mean anything to me
to me its just like any other TD game

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
I think the big deal here is people reading a review and going bananas over it. What ever happened to agreeing/disagreeing with the review after you play the game and leave it at that, why take the extra energy to complain that you were misled?

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
06-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Two articles, sound the alarms.
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyCanadian View Post
Two articles, sound the alarms.
Yeah no kidding. Let the toucharcade review war began. -_-
I hope Arn doesn't get too much of a headache over all this crap.

"I love escalators. They can never break. They can only become stairs." -Mitch Hedburg
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
My opinion is that the Touch Arcade review was bias, inappropriate and inaccurate.
06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
My opinion is that the Touch Arcade review was bias, inappropriate and inaccurate.
and you think this because of .......

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
06-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
The review of Star Defense is just as long as all my other reviews, I shoot for around the 1000 word mark. I'm not sure why it's so offensive to everyone that I enjoyed playing Star Defense.
so why no link to the forum discussion in this review?

you were certainly aware about the high amount of negative feedback in the star defence thread? why wasn't this even mentioned, but instead it seems like the review was supposed to balance this by not mentioning any weaknesses at all and being overly positive.

maybe it was subconsciously but you should really work on this. you say that YOU enjoy playing star defence but it is your duty as "official" frontpage writer to mention that MANY other do not enjoy it. you should mention the negative points, as perceived by the board members at least in the review if it is a honest one.