★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Everplay
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 11.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 2 (1)
App description: PREPARE FOR ONE OF THE GREATEST PLATFORMERS ON MOBILE*

Take on the role of Joe the Lumber Jack in his quest for justice against the notorious Bustin Beaver and his band of beaver bandits!

Bustin Beaver has stolen the lumber that Joe worked so hard to collect and those bandits seek to build their own dam nation. This cannot be allowed!

SPEED RUN FUN

Lumber Jacked is an exciting and fast paced Speed Runner Platformer where you must race through the levels collecting items, defeating enemies, and solving puzzles before the clock runs out!

ACTION PACKED JACK

The Beavers have been training for this day to come. You must smash through their grunts, outsmart their Ninja Beavers, and hold your ground against the Beaver Brutes. Thankfully, years of lumber jacking has given you fists of steel.

AWESOME PUZZLES AND PHYSICS

Do you have what it takes to outsmart these pesky rodents? You must avoid their spike traps, dodge their arrows, outrun the falling stoneheads, move nimbly across falling boxes, and more!

FEATURES:

Beautiful Retro Graphics
Incredibly Fun Physics to make interesting puzzles
Variety of Enemy Types to Overcome
Wall Jumps!
Multiple Worlds with More To Come!

Sanuku's comments:

04-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Another one for me tonight, touch screen controls, good graphics, should be good

04-10-2013, 05:43 AM
Instabuy

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
04-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Instabuy
+1 to that. There have been minor issues during beta, but im sure Everplay may have already fixed.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Everplay = no-brainer = Launch Day purchase

Edit: Just saw the dreaded timer on the vid. Bummer.
Also, I didn't know about their changing some of their popular games into the freemium model

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.
04-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Any impressions yet?
Looks like a physics platformer mixed League Of Evil-style platforming.
04-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Great game.
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Any impressions yet?
Looks like a physics platformer mixed League Of Evil-style platforming.
Yup... you can say it's heavily inspired by League of Evil. Replace the graphics with Everplay style graphics, replace the suitcase with a lumberjack's coat, and replace the scientists and other enemies with beavers.

Anyways, my only concern (the same one while in Beta), is that while on the ground and moving towards a wall, press jump and jumping is halted too low, like he was already clinging to the wall. I think it would be better if the initial jump off the ground does not cling to walls yet until you've reached a certain height in the vertical movement of the jump.

Other than that, im sure i'll be spending time on this one.

Oh, im also not sure if the timer just runs as the mission starts, but it would be preferable if the timer starts on a button press.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Looks pretty good from this video :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGhSaGYyN88

Can't wait til midnight here in the Uk...
04-10-2013, 11:53 AM
Video to fix above post:

Youtube link | Pop Up